Re: Q

Marcus Ammann

Hi Morgan

Other modellers more familiar than me with the USA QSI releases have replied about your issues on this list and some go back to Jan 2021. Did you post a message on the JMRIusers @ Groups i.o as one modeller suggested?

In my Decoder Pro I cannot find a Decoder Definition for your PRRI1sa loco you have said your model is.

What is the actual Decoder Definition you are using?

An idiosyncrasy about 2 of MY Version 7 QSI equipped locos, BOTH decoder definitions say the MPH that the loco is moving (Status) is available but ONLY ONE announces the SPEED when I press F10.

What this says to me and I’ve been involved with “setting up” locos with QSI and the Manufacturer, that QSI did not for some reason, implement that feature in that OEM version but the Decoder Definition say  that it is in there. Remember Decoder Definitions are written by Volunteers and they maybe “Generic” for the model/version.

About not being able to access F10 on your Digitrax, you can re-assign the “Status” verbal to be activated by another Function button.

I hope you can find a solution to your questions but in case you cannot, lots of fun running the QSI equipped Decapod can be had on your layout without one or two of “the Bells & Whistles”.

Regards

Marcus

Main North 2018 Video: https://youtu.be/biFOG0e6IHo

Main North Blog site: http://mainnorth.blogspot.com/