Re: Q

Edited

Sorry, John: That leads to more questions. My controller does not go to function 10, it only goes from 0 to 9, or 10 functions in total. So I can't access a function 10. And now I have another question. The whistle, function 2. Press it and it stays on. Press it again to stop. The manual refers to a "horn button". Again, my controller does not have a horn button. So apparently a lot of stuff in the manual does not apply to me. This is why it's so difficult and frustrating to understand how to do the things that the manual refers to and is impossible to do. Is there a way to get that horn F2 to function like other locos? So it only blows when the button is pressed and as soon as you release it, it stops? I am sorry to have to ask because the manual is not clear to me. I suspect that if I use the SPROG and JMRI in POM, that I might be able to use the JMRI throttle to access function 10/11/12. And as you can figure - that is extremely difficult for me - the PC and the layout are not right on top of each other and reaching from the PC/JMRI/throttle to the layout/loco is too far. Besides, that JRMI throttle with it's slide control is another problem. The round knob on either the DCS50 or the UT4D is certainly a lot easier. And in fact, the UT4D can be used standing right there with the loco. Hence/POM that way is super easy. When using the pt is where the distance of the PC is a problem. John: Wouldn't it be easier for us if you'd click on my name and send a message offline and we can coommunicate easier?
Morgan F Bilbo, DCS50, UT4D, UR93, SPROGIIv4, JMRI 4.24, Pennsy modeler 1952