Re: Q

Marcus Ammann

Hi Morgan

Sorry about that, I just copied your loco details and did a search.

Now we’ve got the loco right with a JMRI Decoder Definition, we’re all set to go with JMRI programming the features that are allowed.

Your two Decapods will always sound different, you cannot do anything about that, unless you fit them with the same decoder with the same sound project.

If you don’t use POM then don’t worry about CV 62.

Later you say you use POM with the Digitrax, then if you change the Bell Volume it’s a TWO CV procedure – CV 52.8.

When you do program the Bell Volume, with Verbal Acknowledgment on, the loco will start announcing CV 52 and it may miss the rest of the 2 CV programming instruction.

Using two different Command Station – Sprog and Digitrax, certainly creates issues with what’s in the decoder that from the sound of it, you’re on top of it.

I have a Laptop connected to my NCE Power Pro system where I can select the Program Track or the Main, program with JMRI with Service mode for the Program Track and Operations mode for out on the layout. Decoder Pro remembers the values, so need to “copy them over”.

You said “. So I will have to work within the restrictions. Is this now clear?

Yes you have to work with restrictions and are you asking me “is it now clear”.

I’m just trying to help you.

Regards

Marcus