Re: I need some clarification, now more!.

Peteski: You may have miss read what I meant. LOL I do read manuals. It's just that the QSI is so much more complicated than "say" BLI. Those are the main decoders I have. A Bachmann with it's cheapy don't count. So I am willing to go further into the QSI manual. But it's going to have to be bits at a time. (pun may be intended) So for example, these first CV's, 62/64 are the first. And then I will work on others. But for an amateur like me to go "whole hog" into the CV's is a mistake. I'm sure that even the more advanced model railroaders may hesitate at ESU if they are used to Tsunami or Digitrax sound. As for my use of the word "quirky". Look at the number of modelers that are abandoning QSI. Way too many. I won't abandon mine because it has cost me over $500 for my loco and I am not willing to spend any more. New decoders that could replace the QSI cost close to or over $100. In other words. I am not going to do it. Period. I will struggle with QSI. And as for asking for help on here. Isn't that what we are all on here for? To help others. I certainly appreciate you and the others that have been on here.
Morgan F Bilbo, DCS50, UT4D, UR93, SPROGIIv4, JMRI 4.24, Pennsy modeler 1952