Re: I need some clarification, now more!.

Is there someone that has a BLI/QSI I1sa decapod with this QSI decoder? That is willing to help me? I notice that you can click on my name and send me an email offline, direct. You don't have to be an expert. I just want to compare notes on CV's. And which ones you think are better than others. Example: CV62 s/b 0 to cancel sound - or 1 to allow the loco to talk to you. But then, there's CV64, also set to 0. But what's the difference between "QSI voice control" and "Verbal CV inquiry"? I keep reading where you can use this to have the decoder talk to you - and also read where they say "do not do this"! Why? And what is the big deal? As long as I can read, I don't need them telling me. On the other hand, if it will tell me the speed at which the loco is running, it might be worth having on. ?? Come to think of it, you don't even have to have the PRR loco. I suspect any QSI with that particular decoder could help. I do note that in JMRI, CV7 is 0, so it's not specific.
Morgan F Bilbo, DCS50, UT4D, UR93, SPROGIIv4, JMRI 4.24, Pennsy modeler 1952