Re: Unable to read Mfg ID, Status = 1

Greg Elmassian

Edited

Actually Q2 works on the revolution and other Q2 decoders and the Titan (Q3).

But I was asking if the QSI programmer diagnostics are in the Q1 software, thus verifying that the programmer is/is not the issue, as opposed to the decoders.

You right click on the top left of the windows title bar and a new menu pops up that lets you verify the programmer..

Procedure outlined on this page: https://elmassian.com/index.php/dcc/specific-manufacturers/qsi-equipment/qsi-programmer-hw-a-sw

Update: I found the Q1Upgrade program, and it indeed has the programmer diagnostic menu just like I described.

Use this to validate the connection to the programmer first is my best advice... when you measure the baseline current, please report the number here (after checking the programmer firmware version)

This technique will zero in on your problem.

Greg