Re: BLI Locomotive that won't move

michael DUNNINGTON

Thanks, Andrew. I was thinking maybe there was something wrong with the drive train because of the vague rumbling sounds. I’ll check in to that. 
Michael 

On Jan 21, 2021, at 6:56 PM, Andrew Deak <adeakrr@...> wrote:

All

BLI  engines are known to have cracked gears. It is very easy to replace the gear and BLI has new gear for $1.00 plus shipping.  It will take about an hour to replace, you will need a wheel puller. Make sure you quarter the wheels (Make sure it in gage)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NWSL-Northwest-Short-Line-45-4-The-Puller-HO-Scale-Wheel-Driver-Gear-Puller-NIB/143891589366?hash=item21809b68f6:g:bC8AAOSwcLNe5P3G

Thanks

Andrew

From: QSIndustries@groups.io [mailto:QSIndustries@groups.io] On Behalf Of cvlwrnut@...
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2021 4:10 PM
To: QSIndustries@groups.io
Subject: [QSIndustries] BLI Locomotive that won't move

I am brand new to the forum, and I recently acquired a BLI 2-8-2 steam locomotive (my first BLI, decorated as a Southern, #6326) at an estate sale.  I run DC on my layout, and understand that these locos will work on DC.  When I powered it up, it made all the steam/pumps/etc. sounds, but didn't move.  I contacted BLI, and they determined that the loco is over 15 years old, and QSI equipped.  I decided to buy a QSI Sidekick on ebay, and it works great (controls whistle and bell fine, but the loco still wouldn't move.  To make a long story short, BLI suggested I "reset" the loco, and I did so, using the remove/replace the black jumper method.  When I did this, I got three hoots from the whistle, which indicates that a reset was accomplished.  However, upon powering up again, no movement, but I did get some vague rumbling sounds from the loco.
BLI actually suggested that I pose my questions here on this forum, so I'm asking if anyone else had had a similar experience, and how did you resolve it?
Thanks!

Join QSIndustries@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.