Re: Older QSI decoder

Wow! This info you guys are providing is priceless. Let me ask a basic question. How do I get the loco to speak? Can I do that on the pt? or must it be POM. (Please give step by step for this novice) And this is the first I've heard that you can get a read back POM verbally. It has always been "known" that on POM, you can not read back. Up till now, I put the loco on the pt/remember I have SPROG and get read back on JMRI. Easy to do. But when I had "any loco" on the layout, I could never get read back - only make changes and never remember what I had before. I had to write everything down. With programming on the pt and JMRI, I always could see what I was doing. POM sounds like a little more dangerous to me. Up till now, I do use POM for CV's 2,3,4,5,6 but nothing else. All other programming was done on the pt/JMRI. And if I did make changes POM, I had to try to remember to get back on the pt to input them in JMRI. After all, JMRI and xml is the place for storage. I even keep a separate file on my desktop with all those old xml's and only keep the latest on my laptop. So, just FYI I now have 3 xml's on this QSI loco plus one sent by a friend. When I get finalized on the loco, only the latest will be easily obtained. All others being on the desktop must be transferred to the laptop/via flash drive if needed. But in reality, that's very remote. Because with all my locos except QSI are finalized. Thanks again to a bunch of really nice people!

Morgan F Bilbo, DCS50, UT4D, UR93, SPROGIIv4, JMRI 4.20, Pennsy modeler 1952