Re: Older QSI decoder

digertz: That's where I was. Although I have other BLI locos, only the one QSI. But when I ran the two I1sa's together - a Paragon 2 and the QSI. They ran and sounded different. Chuff, bell and whistle all different. I like that. No two locos should sound exactly alike/with the exception of diseasals. And I like the QSI. But I started having trouble with it when I tried to program on JMRI. The SPROG acted peculiar. So, I contacted SPROG web site and they helped me. So the QSI is now programmed and running. And I'm in the process of tweaking the CV's. My point is that the QSI is a fine decoder. Better (in some ways) than what I've seen and my BLIs. Paragon 2 and 3. The BLI are great too. IMHO. So if you really would like to keep the QSI, please put a thread on this group and we'll try to help. And if you really want to switch out the decoder, there's a wiring diagram available - as stated above. This group is here to help. Give us and your QSI a chance to prove it's quality. Is it quirky? You should be reading about LokSound and TCS WOW and some others. 5,000? or 2,000 CV's. Egads! At least, when I ran JMRI on BLI and QSI when new, they only took about 10 minutes to read the entire file. And each subsequent read never took longer. And from what I've read, a LokSound took an hour. Don't get me wrong. Tsunami 2 is a good decoder. But I don't have one and all I've heard about them is that they are "middle ground". Not the worst, not the best. OK?
--
Morgan F Bilbo, DCS50, UT4D, UR93, SPROGIIv4, JMRI 4.20, Pennsy modeler 1952