Re: Older QSI decoder

Don Gertz. All I can say is: That's what everyone was telling me to do. Replace the QSI. My PRR I1sa is a QSI decoder and just got that working. IF: You really want to replace it, go ahead, as mentioned above. (To me, a lot of work for little gain.) The QSI decoder when working is far superior to Tsunami 2. Yes, the Tsunami is newer and has a lot of support from the manufacturer. But I'm just giving you my opinion. To me, it was worth the effort/and expense to get the QSI working. So, maybe if you re-address your issue and explain what is wrong - as I did. Someone on here can guide you. Just as I was guided. And I do know a few other people who feel as I do. In fact, some of them buy up used QSI locos that people "just have to get rid of" for very cheap prices and fix them. And they are pretty happy about it. This is my observations an opinion. And in no way any kind of expert.
Morgan F Bilbo, DCS50, SPROGIIv4, JMRI 4.20, Pennsy modeler 1952