Re: Replacement sound chip for GP7

Bob Menzies <railscanner@...>

you could try changing CV 5 to 255 and CV6 to 128 to see if someone has put a custom speed table in the unit. Shut off the CV's that would activate a custom speed table.

On Thu., Aug. 13, 2020, 11:09 a.m. James Lucas via groups.io, <james.lucas=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Hello Group.

Can I please ask a question, I have gone into ‘search’ without any success, regarding a Life Like GP7 with a QSI sound chip as fitted by LL. I am unsure how old the loco is but it runs like a dog having a top speed of 25mph. I do not think the gears are shot!!

I am thinking of trying to fit a replacement QSI chip. Is there such a thing for this loco? I run my railroad in the UK so sourcing a new chip could be an issue.

Any help/advice would be most helpful.

Thanks.

James.