I've had success re-installing the drivers using this procedure. Above on the 'New Messages' link click "See All". You can now search for message #16373 above to the right. Josh goes into a lot of detail as to why we have a problem with windows 10 and drivers.
In case you can't find the message, here is the brunt of it: - Best of luck.....
Here’s the procedure:
- Disconnect the programmer
- Click the Start Menu
- Click the Power icon
- Hold the shift key and click “restart”. (this can take a minute
so don’t panic)
- When asked to “Choose and option” click “Troubleshoot”
- Click “Advanced Options”
- Click “Startup Settings”
- Click “Restart” (The computer will partially reboot and you’ll be presented with an options list)
- Press the 7 key to select “Disable Driver Signature
Enforcement” (The computer will now finish booting and look normal)
- Install the driver per the instructions presented in the
- Connect the programmer.