Help with Reverse Light

Charles Goddard <CGALFA@...>

I have BLI Steam Micados lacking Reverse Lights.  The QSI Decoders are 301-1 with the Quantum Upgrade Chip.  I've been told by a contact how to do this even with photos.

When I make the connections to the REV positions, right being positive, it does not work in reverse of forward.  Do I need to make settings in CV 29, CV 33, and CV34, other than their originals?  The suggested resistor was 100 ohm, which I didn't have, but a 160 ohm was attached on the short side of the LED, and allows light when attached between the rails.

What am I missing?

Charley Goddard
Muncie, IN