Re: Tried to Install USB Driver

Lou

Interesting. Thanks for that information. As long as it works then all is good. Take Care.

Lou

Sent: Friday, January 19, 2018 9:46 PM
To: QSIndustries@...
Subject: [QSIndustries] Re: Tried to Install USB Driver

Hi Lou,  A MR person I know that made a career out of computers suggested using the Keyspan 19HS adapter and I am relying soley on his knowledge.  I won't even try to explain what he told me since it is way over my head.  The usb to 9 pin serial connector I had been using worked with windows 7.  And, at times, I was running windows 10 with it also.  But it was constant hit or miss and we were looking for possible weak points.  I paid  a few dollars for the old USB/Serial connector 4 years ago and it did not come with any disc or download location for a driver.  It was just a cable in a box.  

This 19HS took me to a web site where I found a specific driver for the cable (you still need the SiLab driver for CV manager) and the serial head is 3 or 4 times the physical size of the old one.  For $26, it seemed like a worthwhild gamble that it might help.  I have used windows 10 for several hours over the last few days this week with the 19HS and it certainly isn't causing a problem.

I was having the same, intermittent problem with the driver being loaded but CV manager couldn't find it.  I am not sure what I have done to finally get CV manager to work again, and am curious to see if I manage to keep it up and running this time.  If it stays opporational, then maybe the cable helped. 

Maybe someone who knows more about this cangive us more guidance. 

Join QSIndustries@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.