Re: Q Programmer: no communication

Benjamin Shell

Are you getting an error? Or does the programmer appear to be working on the computer side, but just doesn't seem to be doing anything? I'm guessing here, but if the resister is blown it'd be the later and the programmer would still be recognized by the computer, it would just be unable to communicate with the track. I've also been told to open up the programmer and see if the resister looks damaged. It's a large surface mount resister that's prominently visible--although I don't have a photo handy.

On Sun, Nov 27, 2016 at 8:09 AM christophermcrane@... [QSIndustries] <QSIndustries@...> wrote:

My Quantum Programmer suddenly stopped communicating with the test track I use for programming.

The first indication was not being able to read a decoder using the Q upgrade, same result using the CV manager. I get either 'cannot read mfg.' or a RS232 error.

I've verified the 'track' was enabled and the programmer receives power. I am confused as to which is the correct SiLab driver for my WinXP system: the virtual port or USB, even though it is connected through a USB port. I have been unable to verify whether the driver installed has changed.

I got to the point where I upgraded both the CVM and Q Upgrade to the latest available versions. I also uninstalled the programmer and drivers, and re-installed everything.

The programmer worked fine one day, then not the next. Tried on both an aftermarket QSI decoder and a OEM Q3 decoder.

I have seen comments about a resistor blowing in the programmer. Is there a way to test the hardware?