Re: K4 Headlight Problem

Bob Young <bob.young@...>

To: Greg Johnson

Confirm that the address that you are using for the decoder is in agreement
with the 'Speed Step' of the decoder. Locomotive lighting flickering with
speed changes is indicative of mismatched speed step assignment between the
command station and the decoder.

Bob Young
Clinton, Ontario, Canada
'Canada's Other West Coast'
Web Page: www.tcc.on.ca/~bobyoung
Digitrax Users' Problem Log:
http://www.tcc.on.ca/~bobyoung/learning%20curve.htm

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Johnson" <greg1950@houston.rr.com>
To: <QSIndustries@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, December 24, 2004 1:58 AM
Subject: [QSIndustries] K4 Headlight Problem

Hello,

I also posted this on the Broadway Limited list, so if you are on both,
please excuse the duplication.

I just received my K4 and it runs like a watch and looks beautiful.
However,
I am having problems with the headlight; it flickers nearly every time I
change speeds. Also sometimes it turns off and sometimes it is on. In
addition, the F0 doesn't seem to have any effect on it. I tried the reset,
but that didn't help. Does anybody know how to fix this problem? I tried
removing the smokebox front and giggling the wires, but there was no
change.

---