Re: Has anyone...

Glen Duke <Glen_Duke@...>

I'm sorry, Idahoan, I should have encluded the answer from Athearn. Here it
is:

The screws that hold the shell in place are located under the Boiler

half-top just in front of the cab (Part # 19) and under the Steam Dome cover

that is in about the center of the boiler top (Part # 26). These parts are

press fit so it simply a matter of popping them off.

The tender has two screws on either side of the rear coupler box that have

to be removed. To remove the screw that holds the tender body on from the

top you first have to remove the box that immediately behind the coal/oil

bunker. It is press fit on. Then you have to slide the coal/oil bunker back

a little bit in order to release it and access the screw.

Sincerely,

Athearn Trains