Re: Reusing a V7 Upgrade Chip

Tom in Texas

The procedure for using the new sound sets seemed to work ok and it was great to be able to listen to select from a list of prime movers, horns, etc.

The only problem I encountered was trying to add momentum by programming CV 3 and 4. At this point the engine would no longer respond using either DecoderPro or a throttle. It would recover if I rewrote the should file using the QSI programmer.

Final chapter for this chip. My laptop locked up while writing the chip which scrambled it beyond normal repair. Anyone have a chip programmer which apparently is needed too restore basic chip functionality?

Tom in Texas