Topics

New and upcoming QSI drivers

topboxman

Hello,

SGPro posted the following message:

http://forum.mainsequencesoftware.com/t/attention-qsi-owners/10547

Anyone know what this means? Will several capture software have to update their software? How much of the new QSI driver will impact on capture software programs?

Thanks,

Peter

Kevin Dixon

What I wonder is this – why doesn’t QSI post announcements like this to this forum.  I don’t think we should have to find out about QSI’s plans from other vendors.

Forgive me for saying so but I long for the days when Kevin Nelson ran this forum and QSI was based here in the United States.

Clear skies,

Kevin Dixon

www.magnificentheavens.com

Anyone know what this means? Will several capture software have to update their software? How much of the new QSI driver will impact on capture software programs?

Thanks,

Peter

Peter Vasey

It would appear that this only applies to users of SGPro. So for the rest of us, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Cheers,

Peter

http://www.madpc.co.uk/~peterv
Approx. 55ºN, 2ºW (Northumberland, UK)

On 03/10/2019 19:50, pnagy@... [QSI-ccd] wrote:
Hello,
SGPro posted the following message:
http://forum.mainsequencesoftware.com/t/attention-qsi-owners/10547
Anyone know what this means? Will several capture software have to update their software? How much of the new QSI driver will impact on capture software programs?
Thanks,
Peter

topboxman

That's what I am hoping. I migrated from SGPro to Voyager. I find Voyager a much better automation software than SGPro mainly because it has much better auto focusing feature.

Peter

---In QSI-ccd@..., <petevasey@...> wrote :

It would appear that this only applies to users of SGPro. So for the rest of us, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Cheers,

Peter

http://www.madpc.co.uk/~peterv
Approx. 55ºN, 2ºW (Northumberland, UK)

On 03/10/2019 19:50, pnagy@... [QSI-ccd] wrote:

> Hello,
>

> SGPro posted the following message:
>

> http://forum.mainsequencesoftware.com/t/attention-qsi-owners/10547
>

> Anyone know what this means? Will several capture software have to
> update their software? How much of the new QSI driver will impact on
> capture software programs?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Peter

Alan Smallbone

Just to clarify things and provide a bit of history. I started this group and because I personally knew Kevin Nelson and QSI I invited them to participate. And the current owners are invited to participate. Whether any of them do or not is up to them. This has always been a non-official support forum with user participation. That is why people are encouraged to get direct support from the manufacturer for some things, but users can provide a wealth of information.

This forum is a valuable resource because the members have made it that way. I still run it, although do not always respond to messages I do read them on a daily basis. I am still a QSI camera owner and user. I am very happy with the help that is generously provided here by the members and they make this an easy forum to maintain.

So it would be really nice for Atik to post more about what the plans are and status of QSI but it is up them to do it.

Alan

Kevin Dixon

Thank you for the clarification Alan.  It is great to har from you.

[...]

vince bygrave

Hi all,
Sorry we haven’t been more involved in this group, we do however check it regually to see what is being discussed. QSI is in good shape! We are taking orders for the long awaited QSI6162 camera with the KAF 16200, https://qsimaging.com/products/600-series/qsi-6162/
We have taken the first image with the prototype of this camera, https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/677612-ic1396-take-with-qsi6162-prototype/#entry9662364
The updated drivers mentioned in this post refer to an update of the QSI ASCOM drivers that are required for the version of SGP that we ship with new cameras and for the latest version of SGP. The updated ASCOM drivers are fully ASCOM compliant and fix some issues users had with the old ASCOM drivers.
The visible changers are a new ASCOM properties box and in the ASCOM selection box the QSI camera is now listed as ‘QSI Camera’ instead of ‘QSI CCD Camera’, this caused a problem with QSI version of SGP which looked for ‘QSI CCD Camera’ only.
We will include a short guide for the new ASCOM setup once we release it.
We will announce when the new drivers are available, they will be downloadable from our website, https://qsimaging.com/drivers-software/
If you have any concerns please email us at support@...

Best regards
Vince

topboxman

Why did you change the description of camera type? This can complicate many capture software programs. Why not stick to same camera type and not force users to download your latest drivers just to change camera type? That does not seem fair to the consumers. It appears that not every capture software developers were notified like Voyager. Voyager is one of the best automation software I've ever used and if you caused problems to Voyager, then I suggest you to notify Voyager ASAP because Voyager is infinitely much better than SGP.

Peter

---In QSI-ccd@..., <vincecom@...> wrote :

[...]

Ben Koltenbah

Vince:

I have the latest SGP version installed but the previous QSI driver.  Does this mean that I will not be able to use my QSI camera until you make the new driver available?  Or, can I continue to use the old driver?  I saw a message pop up but I found it to be confusing.  Thank you for the clarification.

Best Regards,
Ben

QSI Imaging

Hello Peter,

The change was made for several reasons, dropping the ‘CCD’ leaves the door open for future QSI CMOS cameras, it also brings the name into line with our existing ASCOM drivers. The only real issue is going to be with the version of SGP that is locked to QSI only cameras which is supplied with new QSI cameras, you would need the latest version of SGP. No other software should be affected apart from the name change.

Voyager does look like an interesting program, it has native QSI driver compatibility as well as ASCOM so the only change you would need to make if you are using the ACSOM connection would be to change the camera name to ‘QSI Camera’

Best regards

Vince

QSI Imaging

Hello Ben,

Do you have the full version of SGP? If so, the only change that you need to make is the name change in the ASCOM if you choose to install the latest QSI software.

Best regards

Vince

astrojohn@...

I'm still a little confused about what's going on with the drivers.  I have the retail version of SGP and drivers from 2017 I think.  All work fine on my Windows 7 installation.

As I read the thread, if I choose to upgrade my current version of SGP (the latest release, not the beta), I'll have to update the QSI drivers. Right?  If that's the case, have they been tested on Windows 7?  I hate to update just for the sake of a name change.

John

QSI Imaging

Hello John,

Sorry for the confusion, as it stands you need to do nothing. If you decided to update the QSI drivers to the latest version all you would have to do is select 'QSI camera' instead of 'QSI CDD camera'

If you updated to the current version of SGP you wouldn't need to do anything.

The update is really for the users of SGP that is tied to work with only QSI cameras.

Best regards
Vince

topboxman