Topics

Latest QSI 1.0.0.4 driver just does not work!!!!!

topboxman

Title says it all. Latest QSI 1.0.0.4 driver will not connect to my QSI660wsg camera bought brand new in April of 2014. It won't connect to Nebulosity version 4.3 or SGPro version 3.1.0.313. It's plain junk.

QSI versions 1.0.0.3 or 7.4.1824.0 still work fine.

Peter

topboxman

My apologies. I didn't realized I need to connect as ASCOM camera. It appears to work with Nebulosity and SGPro.

Once again I apologize for making incorrect statements.

To everyone else, to use newest driver, you must use capture program's ASCOM camera. For SGPro, there don't appear to be ASCOM camera settings but seems to work. I guess SGPro developer designed it a little differently even though it's supposed to use ASCOM driver.

Peter

---In QSI-ccd@..., <pnagy@...> wrote :

Title says it all. Latest QSI 1.0.0.4 driver will not connect to my QSI660wsg camera bought brand new in April of 2014. It won't connect to Nebulosity version 4.3 or SGPro version 3.1.0.313. It's plain junk.

QSI versions 1.0.0.3 or 7.4.1824.0 still work fine.

Peter

topboxman

I take back my last statement. It turned out I un-installed 1.0.0.4 and installed 1.0.0.3 and thought I was still using 1.0.0.4.

Anyway, I uninstalled 1.0.0.3 and re-installed 1.0.0.4 driver and used Nebulosity to try to connect to my QSI camera as ASCOM camera and selected "QSI Camera" or "QSI Camera 2" and would not connect.

Likewise SGPro won't connect to my QSI 660wsg camera either.

Any advice for 1.0.0.4 driver?

Peter

---In QSI-ccd@..., <pnagy@...> wrote :

Title says it all. Latest QSI 1.0.0.4 driver will not connect to my QSI660wsg camera bought brand new in April of 2014. It won't connect to Nebulosity version 4.3 or SGPro version 3.1.0.313. It's plain junk.

QSI versions 1.0.0.3 or 7.4.1824.0 still work fine.

Peter

bw

Hi Peter.  I guess my first suggestion is that you calm down and try to work through the problem systematically.  There are some useful tools provided as part of the ASCOM installation that can help, all located in the ASCOM\Platform6\Tools folder under Program Files (x86).  After being sure you're running the latest ASCOM platform release and being sure the installer for the QSI camera drivers ran without errors, you can run the ASCOM.Diagnostics.exe app.  That will sort through all the drivers and internal components of the ASCOM environment on your system and flag any problems in its log file.  You'll want to look specifically for anything having to do with the QSI ASCOM driver.  Then you can open the DriverConnect64 folder and run the ASCOM.DriverConnect.Exe tool and try connecting to the camera that way.  This strips things down to the absolute basics - an ASCOM tool connecting to an ASCOM driver.  Just be sure you're choosing the right driver names.

You haven't said what app you've been using to try connecting, but it's possible the problem is in the app.  Imaging apps like MaximDL use plug-ins and those may not be compatible.  I haven't upgraded my QSI driver and I don't plan to so I can't be more specific.

Good luck,
Bruce

topboxman

I did say the apps I am using:

SGPro version 3.1.0.313
Nebulosity version 4.3

Please read carefully before posting.

I am not going through a diagnostic as you suggested because it has to work for the first time for any capture programs that has worked for years. I really don't need to calm myself down for that. I have been imaging for the last 10 years and have been awarded for APOD with my QSI 660wsg camera. The driver does not need to be this complicated for me to figure out how to use the driver. I ALWAYS use the latest and greatest software and that includes ASCOM 6.4SP1.

So if QSI driver 1.0.0.4 works for you, how did you get it working and what capture software are you using?

If you have not upgraded QSI driver, why bother suggesting to run diagnostics in the first place or even post your message? I implore you to try out QSI 1.0.0.4 driver and if you have problems, please complain.

Forgive me for my rants.

Peter

---In QSI-ccd@..., <bw_msg01@...> wrote :

[...]

You're entirely correct, I should have ignored your posts which is what I'll do henceforth.

Bruce

Pictor User

Peter,

I think I recall recent discussions on the SGP Forum about changes the user must make to get SGP to connect to QSI cameras.  I no longer use SGP so I am sorry I don’t remember the specifics, but if you search recent posts there, you may find the answer for connecting your QSI 660 wsg.

I did get a sense from browsing the posts there that I would not benefit from “upgrading” to the latest driver.

Sorry I don’t have more details to provide, but maybe the SGP forum can help.

Good luck.

Manning B

Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:19 pm (PDT) . Posted by: topboxman2000

I take back my last statement. It turned out I un-installed 1.0.0.4 and installed 1.0.0.3 and thought I was still using 1.0.0.4.

Anyway, I uninstalled 1.0.0.3 and re-installed 1.0.0.4 driver and used Nebulosity to try to connect to my QSI camera as ASCOM camera and selected "QSI Camera" or "QSI Camera 2" and would not connect.

Likewise SGPro won't connect to my QSI 660wsg camera either.

Any advice for 1.0.0.4 driver?

Peter

topboxman

I have brought this attention to SGP forum but SGP developers basically said to contact QSI. I also asked them how they were able to connect SGP to QSI latest driver but they have not yet responded.

Peter

---In QSI-ccd@..., <pictor-mb@...> wrote :

[...]

I connected my QSI camera with Voyager software using 1.0.0.4 driver and it seems to work but it's not reliable and I don't want to go into details. So I reverted back to QSI legacy driver and works fine.

But 1.0.0.4 driver is very buggy when trying to connect to Nebulosity or SGP. 98% of the time it would not connect at all to camera and filter wheel.

Peter

---In QSI-ccd@..., <pictor-mb@...> wrote :

[...]

QSI Imaging

Hello all,

Thanks for letting us know about the problems you are having; our intention wasn't to release this driver quite yet but it was brought forward by the post in the SGP forum. v1.0.0.4 is really intended as a release for the users of the complimentary QSI edition of SGP to allow them to connect to their cameras. Driver v 1.0.0 3 is still the recommended driver for QSI users to use.

We are looking into the reported errors with v1.0.0.4 and are looking to resolve them as soon as possible.

Best regards

Vince

topboxman

Vince,

Thanks for looking into this. I suggest remove downloading 1.0.0.4 driver from QSI web site.

Peter

William McLaughlin

I have not tried recently but a month or so back I tried the new drivers (both) and they totally broke any ability to use the camera.  I decided to give up and go back to old everything until this can be fixed.

Ray Stann

Well, I guess the old saying "If it ain't broken, don't fix it" applies even today.