QRPPlus@groups.ioWelcome! This group is dedicated to the use, modification, repair, and collection of the famous Index Laboratories QRP+ and QRP++ transceivers. These are small, ruggedly-built 5-watt SSB/CW rigs, which usually put out more like 7 or 8 watts. They cover the 160 through 10 meters ham bands-only on TX, and all of 1.5-30 MHz on RX.
The rigs feature:
—A great built-in keyer, which is very usable.
——A built-in SCAF bandwidth filtering for RX, which is adjustable from 100 Hz up to 2.4 KHz., and is amazing eliminating QRM and QRN.
Starting with serial #1300, the rig changed names to the QRP++, which has a better RX front end, and an improved TX audio punch. The QRP++ unit (but not the QRP+) can be "broad-banded" for TX, by changing the E-PROM.
These rigs were the Grand Daddy and Daddy of the SG2020 series of radios, as their design patents were apparently acquired by the SGC Company.
Please enjoy the list, and keep things respectful.
- 63 Members
- 41 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.