Topics

VFO/Signal Generator - current consumption?

Steve Rawlings

I understand that the supply voltage is 5 volts but I'd like to know the current consumption.

I've looked through the web resources, but I must have missed it.  I'd appreciate a pointer to where it's specified.

Many thanks,
Steve

Ronald Taylor

Hi Steve. I don't know where it's specified either, but I measured mine at 5 volt input and it shows about 40 mA when first started up, then 48 mA after it acquires satellites and starts giving the 1 PPS output. Hope that helps ... Ron

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 1:42 AM <steve@...> wrote:

I understand that the supply voltage is 5 volts but I'd like to know the current consumption.

I've looked through the web resources, but I must have missed it.  I'd appreciate a pointer to where it's specified.

Many thanks,
Steve

Steve Rawlings

Hi Ron.  Super to hear from you.   Thank you very much for the information.  That's a lot of functionality for such little current.  Best wishes, Steve.