Topics

VFO/Sig Generator

Ron Fisher

Hi All,
I have a VFO/Sig gen kit running with the GPS, at 10MHz, output is 1-2 HZ off. Using 4 row x 20 display.  I'm trying to display GPS date time etc in row 2 but every time part way through entering the string it suddenly jumps to a mix of entered data and the 10MHz freq display.
Line 3 has the position LAT Long Alt etc successfully scrolling as per the instructions. I have tried a factory reset as well as clearing the enteries for line 2 and re-entering, but the same happens. Can anyone help, please.
Ron
VK6PR.

Mike Besemer - WM4B

You probably can edit the display string with the GPS attached.

Mike
WM4B

On Jun 29, 2020 2:13 AM, Ron Fisher <ronf@...> wrote:
Hi All,
I have a VFO/Sig gen kit running with the GPS, at 10MHz, output is 1-2 HZ off. Using 4 row x 20 display. I'm trying to display GPS date time etc in row 2 but every time part way through entering the string it suddenly jumps to a mix of entered data and the 10MHz freq display.
Line 3 has the position LAT Long Alt etc successfully scrolling as per the instructions. I have tried a factory reset as well as clearing the enteries for line 2 and re-entering, but the same happens. Can anyone help, please.
Ron
VK6PR.

Mike

Try removing the GPS input while setting up the screen display.

On 28 Jun 2020 at 23:13, Ron Fisher wrote:

Hi All,
I have a VFO/Sig gen kit running with the GPS, at 10MHz, output is 1-2 HZ
off. Using 4 row x 20 display.  I'm trying to display GPS date time etc in
row 2 but every time part way through entering the string it suddenly jumps
to a mix of entered data and the 10MHz freq display.
Line 3 has the position LAT Long Alt etc successfully scrolling as per the
instructions. I have tried a factory reset as well as clearing the enteries
for line 2 and re-entering, but the same happens. Can anyone help, please.
Ron
VK6PR.

Mike Besemer - WM4B

**CAN'T**

Bloody autocorrect!

On Jun 29, 2020 7:10 AM, Mike Besemer - WM4B <mwbesemer@...> wrote:
You probably can edit the display string with the GPS attached.

Mike
WM4B
On Jun 29, 2020 2:13 AM, Ron Fisher <ronf@...> wrote:
Hi All,
I have a VFO/Sig gen kit running with the GPS, at 10MHz, output is 1-2 HZ off. Using 4 row x 20 display. I'm trying to display GPS date time etc in row 2 but every time part way through entering the string it suddenly jumps to a mix of entered data and the 10MHz freq display.
Line 3 has the position LAT Long Alt etc successfully scrolling as per the instructions. I have tried a factory reset as well as clearing the enteries for line 2 and re-entering, but the same happens. Can anyone help, please.
Ron
VK6PR.

Ron Fisher

Thanks for the help Mike, problem solved.
Cheers,
Ron
VK6PR.