Topics

VERY large QRP labs lot on Ebay

James R. Chastain

I was thinking about bidding on this but it would be a waste for me. I thought someone in the group might be interested.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-Lot-QRP-LABS-Kits-Components-Shield-Accessories-As-Pictured-WSPR-GPS/143611313799

Jim Manley

Thanks James!

This would be terrific for my high school ham club, so if others could refrain from bidding this up, the students, along with my non-union, non-tenured STEM teacher wallet would greatly appreciate it!

I don't understand why everyone hasn't already figured out that bidding more than 10 - 15 seconds before an auction ends (depending on how fast your Internet connection is) only results in rabid bidding-up of prices beyond any level of common sense.  For some, it becomes an addictive, obsessive "game", even getting into vengeful and retributional territory, especially if someone's been outbid by a perceived "enemy" before.

Appreciate it and  73_Morse_Animated_GIF.gif

Jim  KJ7JHE
Lame Deer Montana High School Amateur Radio Club  KJ7JKU

On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 7:35 PM James R. Chastain via groups.io <suenrod=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I was thinking about bidding on this but it would be a waste for me. I thought someone in the group might be interested.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-Lot-QRP-LABS-Kits-Components-Shield-Accessories-As-Pictured-WSPR-GPS/143611313799

K9WIS

Cool name for a high school...what is your mascot

Brian K9WIS

[...]

Hope you get it Jim. The only thing I would have been bidding for is a U3S relay board kit so as I said, it would have been a waste for me.

Fingers, Eyes, and Toes crossed for you.

73's
KD0XX
Rod

Mike

please look at what is being offered, then compare the price with the QRPLabs
shop, all that's being offered is two U3 relay boards and a set of LPF.

On 24 May 2020 at 21:01, Jim Manley wrote:

Thanks James!

This would be terrific for my high school ham club, so if others could
refrain from bidding this up, the students, along with my non-union,
non-tenured STEM teacher wallet would greatly appreciate it!

I don't understand why everyone hasn't already figured out that bidding
more than 10 - 15 seconds before an auction ends (depending on how fast
your Internet connection is) only results in rabid bidding-up of prices
beyond any level of common sense. For some, it becomes an addictive,
obsessive "game", even getting into vengeful and retributional territory,
especially if someone's been outbid by a perceived "enemy" before.

Appreciate it and [image: 73_Morse_Animated_GIF.gif]

yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I was thinking about bidding on this but it would be a waste for me. I
thought someone in the group might be interested.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-Lot-QRP-LABS-Kits-Components-Shield-Accessories
-As-Pictured-WSPR-GPS/143611313799

Don--AE4DW

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 06:06 AM, Mike wrote:
please look at what is being offered, then compare the price with the QRPLabs
shop, all that's being offered is two U3 relay boards and a set of LPF.

There is a lot more than just a couple relay boards and a set of LPFs. The formatting in the item description is a bit messed up, so that makes it a little confusing at first, there are 3 sets of item lists.

For what its worth, I just purchased some items from the same gentleman on a different forum, and he was easy to deal with, shipped quickly, he's apparently "cleaning house" of various unfinished projects he feels he'll never get time to complete.

Jim Manley

Hi Brian,

We're the Morning Stars ... I suppose we could also be called the Evening Stars, but that might give some guys the wrong idea when it comes to ladies of the ... never mind!

Lame Deer is the home of the tribal HQs for the Northern Cheyenne nation's reservation, and is named for a famous chief.  American Indian names are given to children based on what their mother sees when, or soon after, they are born.  BTW, they don't call themselves Native Americans - they know very well that their ancestors were immigrants upwards of 12,000 years ago.

The Southern Cheyenne nation is located in Eastern Oklahoma - they were split up because of the Cheyenne's fierce dominance of the Great Northern Plains.  Even the other plains tribes were relieved when that happened - 45 miles West of here is the HQs for the Crow nation, and there is still a tense relationship between the two.  The Crow HQs are adjacent to where the Little Bighorn Battlefield site is located, where Cheyenne and Sioux defeated Custer's battalion.

A Crow young man was shot sitting in the back seat of a vehicle by a Cheyenne counterpart, at the town's gas station and "inconvenience" store about three blocks from my house, a few months before I arrived.  However, while that incident was a very rare event at that level of violence, one reason that I'm here is to help provide the students much more productive and enjoyable activities as part of their STEM education.

Thanks for the interest and  image.gif

On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 10:31 PM K9WIS <k9wis@...> wrote:
Cool name for a high school...what is your mascot

Brian K9WIS

John Rabson

The Canadian term is First Nations.

John F5VLF

On 25 May 2020, at 18:15, Jim Manley <jim.manley@...> wrote:

[...]

@Jim Manley..I see the winning bid was just under 200 dollars; did you win the auction?

James R. Chastain

Did you win the Auction Jim?

Jim Manley

Hi Don and James,

My high school ham club's equipment comes from hardware and material donations, and mostly out of my non-tenured, non-union wallet.  The bids got up beyond what I could afford and not even wind up with a radio to show for that amount.  That's fine, there will be other opportunities, and I had hoped to get hired over the Summer for a grant-funded university STEM teacher professional development research program that pays a stipend.

I plow the stipends back into my classroom, lab, ham club, and other after-school STEM activities, but COVID-19 has pretty much destroyed that possibility this year.  There are a few programs that even normally provide housing and meals gratis, but campuses with such programs are all shut down for the Summer everywhere that I've been able to find within a reasonable drive (that would be within the nearest nine states Out Here beyond the Middle of Nowhere).  Some universities aren't even going to have on-campus classes this Fall, much less allowing outsiders to come aboard over the Summer.

Thanks for your continued interest and we can tune in again for another opportunity next Bat-Time, on this Bat-Channel ... BIF!  BOP!!  BAM!!!

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 8:22 AM Don--AE4DW <AE4DW.Don@...> wrote:
@Jim Manley..I see the winning bid was just under 200 dollars; did you win the auction?_.,_._,_

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 11:04 PM James R. Chastain via groups.io <suenrod=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Did you win the Auction Jim?_._,_._._,__,_

James R. Chastain

Bummer dude. Was rooting for you.

Ham Radio

Jim