Topics

Tracking make no sense - bad number?

Bob Benedict, KD8CGH

  Sorry to bring this up, but the tracking number provided doesn't make any sense. I placed an order on June 17th. I received a tracking number June 18th, but when I put it into the web page it tells me the package was sent from Turkey to China. The record starts on June 2nd and over the next two weeks says "China (Yurt Disi), The item was forwarded to the destination country (Otb)" and "China (Yurt Disi), Send item abroad (EDI-received)" three times.

  I gave it a week to see it it would correct itself but it has not.

  A second tracking number for a case shows it being sent from China to the US and appears OK.

  73
    Bob KD8CGH

Dave 'TXJ

Bob,
I don't know which tracking site you're using but 17Track went funny about 2 weeks ago here. A parcel I had coming from Hans in Turkey started showing that it had departed China 4 weeks before I'd placed the order. It also showed leaving Turkey on 3 different dates. Although still showing as leaving Turkey I was happy to advise Hans it arrived last week.
73 Dave.

Hans Summers

Hi Dave, Bob

17track (which is used on the QRP Labs shipping page http://qrp-labs.com/shipping has indeed been a bit flakey recently.

All 17track basically does is connect to the systems of both the sending country and the destination country and query them for tracking information.

If 17track looks wrong or doesn't work then:

1. Use the Turkish PTT system http://track.ptt.gov.tr which always works perfectly. It will even show some characters of your name and location so you'll have confidence it really is yours (but not your full name or address). This will provided detailed tracking until the package leaves Turkey which is normally 3-4 days after posting by me. When the package is in the destination country the updates are less frequent or not at all - depending on the destination country postal procedures.

2. Use the post office website in your own country e.g. USPS in United States. This will probably provide limited information on the package movements until the package arrives in your country. But every country handles tracked mail differently.

73 Hans G0UPL

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020, 08:29 Dave 'TXJ via groups.io <m5txj=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Bob,
I don't know which tracking site you're using but 17Track went funny about 2 weeks ago here. A parcel I had coming from Hans in Turkey started showing that it had departed China 4 weeks before I'd placed the order. It also showed leaving Turkey on 3 different dates. Although still showing as leaving Turkey I was happy to advise Hans it arrived last week.
73 Dave.

Mike

My package has two tracking timelines, one from long before It was ordered...

https://www.tnt.com/express/en_gb/site/shipping-tools/tracking.html?cons=121494
030&searchType=CON&source=share&utm_source=email&utm_campaign=shipment&utm_medi
um=email&utm_content=en-GB&tnt_urv=&tnt_urt=sfmc_id

interesting... or what..
If they have to re-use the tracking numbers then they must be moving an
incredible number of packages a year..

can't wait 'till tuesday evening, when I expect to receive an email telling of
delays due to corona... :-)

==

http://qrp-labs.com

yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Bob,
I don't know which tracking site you're using but 17Track went funny
about
2 weeks ago here. A parcel I had coming from Hans in Turkey started
showing
that it had departed China 4 weeks before I'd placed the order. It also
showed leaving Turkey on 3 different dates. Although still showing as
leaving Turkey I was happy to advise Hans it arrived last week.
73 Dave.

N3MNT

I have noticed that some trackers are now tracking the users and showing not only current tracking number info but also the previously tracked shipments.  My TNT track shows both my current shipment from Hans and the one from last month which was delivered weeks ago.

Bob Benedict, KD8CGH

Thanks Hans. The Turkish PTT shows the order is headed to the US.
A warning about the tracking problem on the QRP Labs shipping page might reduce questions posted here.
    KD8CGH

N3MNT

https://groups.io/g/QRPLabs/topic/shipping_faq/74701941?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,40,74701941