Topics

Test modes #qcx40 #test

Darren KN4WML

I have a quick question about the onboard testing modes (voltage & rf). How accurate do they seem & how do I access them?

Ronald Taylor

Darren, instructions to use those test modes start at page 104 in the Rev. 5 manual. https://www.qrp-labs.com/images/qcx/assembly_A4-Rev-5e.pdf

Accuracy is explained there as well. Neither is particularly accurate. The power meter is a good way to get a ballpark estimate of your power out. The input to the DVM is fairly low impedance so will load some of the circuits enough to read lower voltages than you might expect to see. All that said, it's handy to have if you are in the field and forgot some of your test equipment. Use CAUTION when using these though. Not a few QCXs have been rendered non-operational by having the test leads find their way into the wrong places.

73 ... Ron