Topics

Running the 50W PA and QCX+? Pay close attention of pages 100 and 101

Brian N7BKV

The 3.5mm audio cable between the QCX+ PTT and the 50W PA needs the tip and ring wires swapped at one end.  Pay close attention to the PTT instructions on pages 100 and 101 of the QCX+ manual 1.03.   The change can be hard wired on the PCB or you can modify an 3.5mm audio cable.  The jack serves several purposes depending on whether you use a GPS or 50W PA.

This detail can be easily missed, as it is in the manual section 3.76 QCX+ GPS interface and PTT output rather than in the operating or construction sections.

Hope this helps someone.

73
Brian N

@CurtisM

Brian

it is well marked in the manual - but some of us never get to the end of it.  I suspect it was a matter of PCB layout - and it is easy to break a trace and add a jumper according to these instructions.  I am enjoying my 80m HanS-line.

we can't critique the maestro - but maybe in a future manual a list up front of these little things might help some of us.

enjoy your radiations

Curt

Brian N7BKV

"Enjoy your radiations"    I like that one Curtis!!!  And I am.

BTW, my opinion is that if you build, use, and experiment at this level with these QRP Labs products, expecting to figure stuff out, find out answers from others like on this forum, and pass around knowledge and insights is part of the endeavor.  I am always amazed at what Hans and his lab mice provide for us.  If we have fill in a few blanks or straighten a few kinks,  well, no big deal.  That's what we do here.  And all for the good!  Thanks for your thoughts and contributions.  I am sure Hans digests the suggestions as he has time.