Topics

QRO QSO Party

Hans Summers

Hi all

According to my calendar, today is the QRO party! Normal times:

1300-1400Z
1900-2000Z
0300-0400Z (Tuesday early morning, for those of us in EU and APAC etc)

Frequencies: 3kHz below the QRP Calling frequency, +/- e.g. on 40m 7027 and on 20m 14057 but tune around +/- a few kHz.

A typical station for this event would be a QCX/QCX+ and QRP Labs 50W PA. But it would be fine to use a QCX and another PA. Or, another QRP rig and a QRP Labs 50W PA. Or indeed, any station which you made, which has some QRP Labs kits in it somewhere!

I am right now going out on the roof to find out where the broken fishing line is, and repair that half of my OCFD ( http://hanssummers.com/404ul ) which has fallen down. It's a fine sunny morning for antenna repairs and while it will be 32C later according to the forecast), it is only 28C now. So I should get out there and fix it before the sun gets high and the roof tiles get too hot to walk on (I suppose I could put on some shoes but where would be the fun in that).

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

G4GIR

Calling you on 20 Hans, deep deep QSB though.

73
Ian G4GIR

[...]

Hi Ian

Thanks for the nice QSO on 14058, a good 599 at times though 20m had lots of QSB today whoever I talked to. Very nice to hear another QCX at the other end!

I made five QSOs in total:

IK1SOW Lino
R2ARW Pavel
G4GIR Ian (QCX + Elecraft PA 50W)
F6JHV (? very weak and terrible QSB)
ON6FC Gaston

Except for F6JHV who was 449 and down... all the other four were 599 but QSB was so deep they dropped right down almost into the noise at times.

I will try to get on 40m at 1900Z but given the demands of the smallest lab tech (now 10 weeks old) and the tiredness of everyone else, cannot guarantee.

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 4:22 PM G4GIR via groups.io <i.frith=ntlworld.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Hand, only yourself worked today, heard the first t2o you worked but you were way way down in the noise but at the end of R2ARW, you came right up.

Maybe CU tonight on 40m.

73
Ian G4GIR

[...]

Peter GM0EUL

I was on 40m at 1900 using my qcx and Juma PA100-D running about 75 watts to a dipole.  Very difficult conditions, lots of activity on the band but terrible qsb so people were fading in and out, tripping over each other and causing qrm.  Managed to work Carl, IK1YRA, who was running 100 watts to a vertical (non-qcx).

73
Peter GM0EUL