Topics

QCXP CAT

Tony McUmber

Here I am like a kid awaiting a box top prize (anyone remember those?).  Down to the end of the driveway to check the mailbox every day;  Alas, I begin to think that IT WILL NEVER COME.  But, deep in my juvenile heart, I know that it will -- they always have, eventually.

To pass the time I want to collect what I need to complete the assembly and get the new toy on the air.  Can someone tell me what I will need to use the CAT function with the new QCXP?  I have a Laptop running Win 10, and a logging program which can utilize computer control.  What will I need to connect the two machines?  Please answer as if you were addressing an ignoramus but not an idiot.

Thanks for all help, and thanks to Hans for a wonderful QRP rig which brought me back to hamming a couple of years ago.

73, Tony  N0BPA

Bill Cromwell

Hi Tony,

Those boxtops are how I got my ham ticket (or so I have heard).

73,

Bill KU8H

Bark less - wag more

On 6/4/20 2:08 AM, Tony McUmber wrote:
Here I am like a kid awaiting a box top prize (anyone remember those?). Down to the end of the driveway to check the mailbox every day;  Alas, I begin to think that IT WILL NEVER COME.  But, deep in my juvenile heart, I know that it will -- they always have, eventually.
---snip----
73, Tony  N0BPA

Ham Radio

You will need a TTL to USB or TTL to RS-232 converter.  The QCX+ has the CAT interface already  built in.

You can also use an Arduino Uno as a USB to TTL converter. The Arduino program was posted on another thread. Contact me directly if you need help getting the Arduino going — the Arduino  mainline program is only 5 C++ statements.
--
73, Bernie, VE3FWF

Tony McUmber

Thanks, Bernie

I will look up a source for TTL-USB converter and get one ordered. This is gonna be fun!

73, Tony N0BPA