Topics

QCX Ship Time: 64 Days #qcx #80m

Glenn ODonnell

Hello all,

I may now hold the dubious record for the longest ship time for a QCX shipment. I ordered my QCX-80 on 24-Apr and it shipped quickly on 29-Apr. I was delighted to find it in my mailbox today! That makes it 59 days in transit. Granted, I did choose the slowpoke at-your-own-risk shipping, so I deserve what I got. I was beginning to think this mode involved giving the package to a guy in a rowboat and then he rowed it from Turkey to the US. HI! Let me be clear, I'm not upset with anyone, especially Hans and his Turkish colleagues. It's actually kinda humorous, but I had almost given up hope, worrying it got lost somewhere in shipping/customs/wherever.

I am thrilled to now have it in my grubby mitts! This is one of the final non-plus QCX kits sold, so it is a bit of a collector's item, I suppose. I will enjoy building and using it, if I can ever find the time to focus on it. Hans may be up to the QCX ++ version by then!

TU ES VY 73 de Glenn K3PP

Glenn ODonnell

Whoops, it is indeed 59 days, not the 64 days I have in the subject line! Sigh! :-(

VY 73 de Glenn K3PP

zl1ujg

Only 59 days..

I had one package from the US  recently take 6 months (pre-Covid..)

Back about 5 - 10 years ago, another package took 18 months...

What are you guys complaining about.. lol

(I live in a city in New Zealand)

Glenn ODonnell

Wow! You ZLs have real patience! We are severely spoiled here in the US! I live in the forest and I'm accustomed to slower deliveries, but many city dwellers are too impatient even for overnight deliveries! Amazon Prime delivers in one hour in cities like New York!

In these modern days, I can't see why it should take 6 months to ship anything anywhere! Still, I am delighted to have my QCX, so I shall not complain. :-)

VY 73 de Glenn K3PP

Bill Cromwell

Hi

Maybe the sailboat gets blown right NZ and Australia and has to circumnavigate for another try.

72,

Bill KU8H

bark less - wag more