were made of a width and less, so, length to fit the slots and length
of the these fairly standardised extruded boxes? Then they could just slide in with no
need for unsightly screws and stand-offs? Just a thought ;)

Friday, September 29, 2017

eBay enclosure mod.

--

2E0ILY
Best regards,
Chris mailto:chris@...

--
Best regards, Chris Wilson (2E0ILY)

JohnY

Hi All
If the box is big enough to enclose the QCX why not provide your own blank carrier plate that can slide in on the lowest slot and fit the main module to that by pillars or whatever? It could be metal or waste PCB with copper or not. Hans is highly allergic to extra real estate.
73 --- VK6JY  John.

On 29/09/2017 10:25 PM, John PD7MAA wrote:
eBay enclosure mod.

Mike W

Just looked at that idea JohnY, I have the mentioned case and a built QCX to
try it.

10 mins later
looks like it will work quite easily using a carrier board. But the four
mounting holes on the main pcb will need moving in a bit for the mount
pillars to clear the slots, and the top LCD pillars will need removing.
I think I may give it a go tonight..
73 Mike

On 29 Sep 2017 at 23:21, JohnY wrote:
/Hi All//
//If the box is big enough to enclose the QCX why not provide your own
blank carrier plate that can slide in on the lowest slot and fit the
main module to that by pillars or whatever? It could be metal or waste
PCB with copper or not. Hans is highly allergic to extra real estate.//
//73 --- VK6JY  John./

On 29/09/2017 10:25 PM, John PD7MAA wrote:
eBay enclosure mod.

<http://pa-11019.blogspot.nl/>

John PD7MAA

In and outside .

John PD7MAA

LCD window size

Leland L. Bahr

John,

How are you planning on extending the push button switches?  Are commercial extensions sold?

Lee, w0vt

On 10/2/2017 1:54 AM, John PD7MAA wrote:
LCD window size

Hi John

In addition to Lee's question, I am also interested in how you extended the shafts of the rotary encoder and the audio gain control? They wouldn't be long enough to reach through the panel otherwise, unless you have mounted them off-board with some flexible wires?

73 Hans G0UPL

On Oct 2, 2017 5:39 PM, "Leland L. Bahr" <l@...> wrote:

John,

How are you planning on extending the push button switches?  Are commercial extensions sold?

Lee, w0vt

On 10/2/2017 1:54 AM, John PD7MAA wrote:
LCD window size

Raimund Reh

Hi Hans
does someone uses 3D printing for shaft-extensions?

cheers - Raimund

http://qrp-labs.com

On Oct 2, 2017 5:39 PM, "Leland L. Bahr" <l@...> wrote:

John,

How are you planning on extending the push button switches? Are
commercial extensions sold?

Lee, w0vt

On 10/2/2017 1:54 AM, John PD7MAA wrote:

LCD window size

<#m_7547381286146437418_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Leland L. Bahr

You could of course epoxy short brass rod to each item.  Hobby shops sell brass in different diameters.  This is not very professional, but it would get the job done.

Lee, w0vt

On 10/2/2017 1:25 PM, Raimund Reh wrote:
[...]

Hi all.

I'm still working on a cheap idea for the shaft extentions but a local hobbyshop can provide a lot of solutions HI.
Lee's idea komes close , however i would use plastic rod/tube .
Off-board with some flexible wires would be the best and cheapest solution....

The 2 push button switches are planned on the side pannnels by means of simple push buttons .

John pd7maa

Paul Schumacher

Where is the basic aluminum enclosure from?   What is the source, part #, and size?

thanks,

Paul K0ZYV

I'm still working on a cheap idea for the shaft extentions but a local hobbyshop can provide a lot of solutions HI.
Lee's idea komes close , however i would use plastic rod/tube .
Off-board with some flexible wires would be the best and cheapest solution....

The 2 push button switches are planned on the side pannnels by means of simple push buttons .

John pd7maa

John PD7MAA

John PD7MAA

Box Size

73  John  pd7maa

Mike W

Some ideas for shaft extenders comes to mind, not nessesarily good ones
though.

for the encoder and pot shafts.
6mm diameter knitting needles cut to length, epoxied into a 6mm ID tube , and
in turn attached to existing shafts by friction, epoxy or luck.
A keyway could be fitted on the pot, perhaps also to the encoder if its
possible to drill a small hole through it

Some plastic knitting needles are hollow, perhaps heat and a swager could open
the end for a push fit on the shafts.

for the buttons
Some models of LED bezel mount holders have fairly long sleeves to contain the
LED.
some version of these may provide a 'shaft holder' for another, smaller,
knitting needle as a button extension.

I'm just throwing up ideas, not tried these on the QCX but I have, previously,
extended shafts and fabricated insulated shafts using the first method.

I have also used hollow knitting needles with studding epoxied into the tube
to create shafts for Poly-whatever variable capacitors.

hth, Mike

On 2 Oct 2017 at 21:14, Hans Summers wrote:
Hi John

In addition to Lee's question, I am also interested in how you extended the
shafts of the rotary encoder and the audio gain control? They wouldn't be
long enough to reach through the panel otherwise, unless you have mounted
them off-board with some flexible wires?

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

On Oct 2, 2017 5:39 PM, "Leland L. Bahr" <l@...> wrote:

John,

How are you planning on extending the push button switches? Are
commercial extensions sold?

Lee, w0vt

On 10/2/2017 1:54 AM, John PD7MAA wrote:

LCD window size

n=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon> Virus-free.
n=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=link>
<#m_7547381286146437418_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Alan G4ZFQ

Paul Schumacher

Paul Schumacher

thanks again  box size.