Topics

Qcx+ insructions

Ricky

Hi just bought a Qcx+ and was wondering where are the build instructions?. Was looking to print off and have a good read / understanding before its shipped.
Thanks
Ricky (GM0VUY) 🙂

jjpurdum

Check about halfway down the page:

Jack, W8TEE

On Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 7:21:29 AM EDT, Ricky <woolfy1962@...> wrote:

Hi just bought a Qcx+ and was wondering where are the build instructions?. Was looking to print off and have a good read / understanding before its shipped.
Thanks
Ricky (GM0VUY) 🙂

Ben

Assembly and operating instructions

Pending - available soon

Op 3 jun. 2020 om 13:21 heeft Ricky <woolfy1962@...> het volgende geschreven:

Hi just bought a Qcx+ and was wondering where are the build instructions?. Was looking to print off and have a good read / understanding before its shipped.
Thanks
Ricky (GM0VUY) 🙂

Jim Painter

That link is for the QCX not the QCX+.

QCX+ instructions are still pending.

Jim....KQ3S

On Jun 3, 2020, at 7:48 AM, jjpurdum via groups.io <jjpurdum@...> wrote:

Check about halfway down the page:

Jack, W8TEE

On Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 7:21:29 AM EDT, Ricky <woolfy1962@...> wrote:

Hi just bought a Qcx+ and was wondering where are the build instructions?. Was looking to print off and have a good read / understanding before its shipped.
Thanks
Ricky (GM0VUY) 🙂

Jim Painter

I’m sure the documents will be released by the time the unit ships.

Jim...KQ3S

On Jun 3, 2020, at 7:53 AM, Jim Painter via groups.io <Jfpainter@...> wrote:

That link is for the QCX not the QCX+.

QCX+ instructions are still pending.

Jim....KQ3S

On Jun 3, 2020, at 7:48 AM, jjpurdum via groups.io <jjpurdum@...> wrote:

Check about halfway down the page:

Jack, W8TEE

On Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 7:21:29 AM EDT, Ricky <woolfy1962@...> wrote:

Hi just bought a Qcx+ and was wondering where are the build instructions?. Was looking to print off and have a good read / understanding before its shipped.
Thanks
Ricky (GM0VUY) 🙂

jjpurdum

I thought this:

14-May-2020: The QCX kit has been replaced by the new QCX+ kit. Same circuit, same firmware, same functional operation - but physical improvements. See http://qrp-labs.com/qcxp for details.

means the assembly manual is the same, other than adding the expansion board?

Jack, W8TEE

On Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 7:53:31 AM EDT, Jim Painter via groups.io <jfpainter@...> wrote:

That link is for the QCX not the QCX+.

QCX+ instructions are still pending.

Jim....KQ3S

On Jun 3, 2020, at 7:48 AM, jjpurdum via groups.io <jjpurdum@...> wrote:

Check about halfway down the page:

Jack, W8TEE

On Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 7:21:29 AM EDT, Ricky <woolfy1962@...> wrote:

Hi just bought a Qcx+ and was wondering where are the build instructions?. Was looking to print off and have a good read / understanding before its shipped.
Thanks
Ricky (GM0VUY) 🙂

Daniel Curtin KF4AV

Hans said updated instructions will appear soon. Many details will be different, even though much will be similar. If you’re really eager reading the QCX manual is still a useful exercise.

Ham Radio

You could even wind T1 ahead of time if you have the toroid and wire.

For my QCX+ build,   I am going to make a wiring jig for T1 using the same hole spacing as the PCB board.

Will also use a touch of hot glue to hold each winding set down as I wire the toroid.

I found wiring the 40 meter QCX  T1 toroid extremely time consuming — I re-wired it 3 times until I was happy with the result.  The end result was great as the QCX worked right away upon power on — no magic smoke escaped from the components ...

--
73, Bernie, VE3FWF

Wes AE6ZM

The order page says Pending, available soon.
--
> I finally got it all together...now I can't remember where I put it<

VY 73,
Wes

AE6ZM

Sierra Vista, AZ

ajparent1/KB1GMX

IF you read the web page itss mroe than that as it does completely explain
the differences which are mostly mechanical.

So read and understand the current manual as the circuit to be built
is unchanged.  and the new is most relayout of the old and
much less cramped.

Allison
Please reply on list so we can share.