From: Saku JP3OUG <jp3oug599@...>
To: QRPLabs@groups.io
Sent: Sun, May 31, 2020 5:54 pm
Subject: [QRPLabs] QCX DX QSO!

Hello from Japan.

Yesterday, I heard a "CQ TEST" of a call sign with a prefix that I don't know.
I looked up the call sign, TI7W, on the QRZ.COM, and I realized it was a signal from Costa Rica!
Then I called him again and again.
Eventually, he copied my call sign correctly.
We exchanged the contest number.
It is my record with my QCX-40.
About 13360 km with 3W !

The antenna I was using was a wire dipole, up about 6 meters high.
(Please visit my QRZ.COM page and see my set up.)

I heard that Costa Rica was the number one country in the World Happiness Index.
But now, 'I' am feeling happiest ever!

73 DE JP3OUG Nishigaki Sakutaro (Saku)

George Korper

Wow. Congrats. What was the time in Japan?

On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 8:26 PM Gary Bernard via groups.io <garybernard2=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Good job Saku. Nice case also.
73 Gary

Yesterday, I heard a "CQ TEST" of a call sign with a prefix that I don't know.
I looked up the call sign, TI7W, on the QRZ.COM, and I realized it was a signal from Costa Rica!
Then I called him again and again.
Eventually, he copied my call sign correctly.
We exchanged the contest number.
It is my record with my QCX-40.
About 13360 km with 3W !

The antenna I was using was a wire dipole, up about 6 meters high.
(Please visit my QRZ.COM page and see my set up.)

I heard that Costa Rica was the number one country in the World Happiness Index.
But now, 'I' am feeling happiest ever!

73 DE JP3OUG Nishigaki Sakutaro (Saku)

Saku JP3OUG

Thank you.

Well, it was 08:30 P.M. in Japan ( =11:30 A.M. at UTC) .
I often hear signals from U.S. on 7MHz at that time.
But the one from Central America was new for me.
( I think that's because my antenna is very poor...hi )

JP3OUG Saku

George Korper

We should try a sked sometime. At least i can listen for you. I reach Japan with 200 mW on WSPR about that time in Mexico.

On Sun, May 31, 2020, 8:23 PM Saku JP3OUG <jp3oug599@...> wrote:

Thank you.

Well, it was 08:30 P.M. in Japan ( =11:30 A.M. at UTC) .
I often hear signals from U.S. on 7MHz at that time.
But the one from Central America was new for me.
( I think that's because my antenna is very poor...hi )

JP3OUG Saku

RWilliam Henderson

Great!!!

On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 7:54 PM Saku JP3OUG <jp3oug599@...> wrote:
Hello from Japan.

Yesterday, I heard a "CQ TEST" of a call sign with a prefix that I don't know.
I looked up the call sign, TI7W, on the QRZ.COM, and I realized it was a signal from Costa Rica!
Then I called him again and again.
Eventually, he copied my call sign correctly.
We exchanged the contest number.
It is my record with my QCX-40.
About 13360 km with 3W !

The antenna I was using was a wire dipole, up about 6 meters high.
(Please visit my QRZ.COM page and see my set up.)

I heard that Costa Rica was the number one country in the World Happiness Index.
But now, 'I' am feeling happiest ever!

73 DE JP3OUG Nishigaki Sakutaro (Saku)

J68HZ

I’ve got a soft spot for QRP stations, so will preferentially work them in pile-ups if they identify as such.  Remember that when you-all are working me while trapped here on J6 with nothing to do but play radio….!

Owner - Operator

Big Signal Ranch – K9ZC

Staunton, Illinois

Owner – Operator

Villa Grand Piton – J68HZ

Soufriere, St. Lucia W.I.

Rent it: www.VillaGrandPiton.com

Like us on Facebook! facebook icon

Moderator – North American QRO Group at Groups.IO.

email:  bill@...

Yesterday, I heard a "CQ TEST" of a call sign with a prefix that I don't know.
I looked up the call sign, TI7W, on the QRZ.COM, and I realized it was a signal from Costa Rica!
Then I called him again and again.
Eventually, he copied my call sign correctly.
We exchanged the contest number.
It is my record with my QCX-40.
About 13360 km with 3W !

The antenna I was using was a wire dipole, up about 6 meters high.
(Please visit my QRZ.COM page and see my set up.)

I heard that Costa Rica was the number one country in the World Happiness Index.
But now, 'I' am feeling happiest ever!

73 DE JP3OUG Nishigaki Sakutaro (Saku)

Charles W. Powell

I didn’t have time to find out what radios the QRP stations were running, but I know I worked more than a dozen EU QRP ops during my stay here in 5H.  Sad that it’s coming to an end,  but the bands have been pretty uncooperative for the past week or so in any case.   Later this week it’s back to the same boring, lost in the crowd callsign.

73,

Charles - 5H3DX
VE3ISD
NK8O

On Jun 1, 2020, at 5:07 PM, J68HZ <bill@...> wrote:

I’ve got a soft spot for QRP stations, so will preferentially work them in pile-ups if they identify as such.  Remember that when you-all are working me while trapped here on J6 with nothing to do but play radio….!

Dr. William J. Schmidt - K9HZ J68HZ 8P6HK ZF2HZ PJ4/K9HZ VP5/K9HZ PJ2/K9HZ

Daniel Conklin

I will keep an ear out for you from here in New York State!
--
73, Dan - W2DLC

Congratulations Saku-san  FB dx with TI7W !
73 de AL7JK, John