QCX Challenge November 2022 #qcx #contest #qcx_challenge #qsoparty

ON7DQ Luc

Hi all,

Next monday, November 28th is the regular QCX Challenge, see all info on

If nothing comes in between, I will be QRV at 1300 and 1900, on 20m & 40m

73 es GL,
Luc ON7DQ

UPNORTHOF48 :

I’m off Monday, so I’ll be firing up the QCX’s also!

N0YMA

Carel PA0CMU

If my granddaughter sleeps over I'll be there at 13:00 UTC otherwise only at 19:00 UTC on 20m & 40m band.

Carel - PA0CMU

Daniel Walter

I'll be trying find more QCXs Monday. Hope to see you two ( and more!)
--
73, Dan  NM3A

Pete G4IOA

I'm back in the UK and setting up my 40m qcx. So hope to be QRV on Monday. I may use a PA.
Cu, Pete

Martin DK3UW

"I'll be trying find more QCXs Monday. Hope to see you two ( and more!)
--
73, Dan  NM3A"

well I worked quite some US during the wwdx contest over the weekend so if condx remain good...

CU
Martin
DK3UW

Martin DK3UW

during ww dx contest a PA station greeted me with "hello Martin" Was that you Carel ?

Martin
DK3UW

Chris Wood

Tried out my recently-completed 40m QCXmini today with good results.  QSOs with 3 other QCXs - ON7DQ, G4IOA and G4YTJ - plus DL6ZB, not QRP.  No time even to switch my 20m QCX on!

Thanks everyone.

Chris  G4CWS

Carel PA0CMU

No Martin, I didn't participated the CQWW CW contest.

Brian N7BKV

Tried at 1900z for about 20 minutes.  No joy.  Band not open much west coast USA at this time. 11AM local.  Will revisit the effort this evening at 0300z

Steve in Okinawa

My first try in years (1300Z) but nothing heard on any band over here. The MST (medium speed test) was running the same hour so i confirmed rather weak propagation to West Coast USA on 40 meters. JS6TMW

ON7DQ Luc

My 1300 session was very promising , I had one qso on 20m, and then 5 more on 40m, and ALL were QCX'es ...WOW !

At 1900 quite a difference, 20m was dead, and even on 40m I couldn't make a single qso, skip was very long, I was spotted in EA and in Eastern EU, but no joy.

Finally I tuned my random wire on 80m and tried my QCX Classic 40m on 80m ... getting out just over 1 Watt (and hmmm, probably some harmonics on 40m hi).
That way I managed one QSO with ON4KCY, but Yves was not using a QCX ... so that was that.
I'm using that QCX 40m on 60m with good results , maybe I will try and modify it into a three-bander with switchable BPF/LPF/PA
Or maybe just ask Santa for an 80m QCX ? ;-)
73,
Luc ON7DQ

UPNORTHOF48 :

Made one contact on 20 with a POTA station.  No QCX’s were found, but most were going too fast for me especially on 20m.  Heard a couple stations maybe trying to answer me, but just too light.  Oh well, I tried.

N0YMA