Topics

QCX, C54, was this cap omitted

Phil N6WKZ

I'm just finishing a QCX (pcb ver 4) and I found a missing installed cap, C54. It's on the schematic, but I cannot find in the manual where it tells you to install it.

Then, out of curiosity, I look at the latest manual and it says "C54 not supplied".

Can anyone shed some light on "C54" ?

73 Phil N6WKZ

jjpurdum

C54 stands for "Car 54", as in "Car 54, where are you?". Then again...maybe not. (Most of you aren't old enough...)

Jack, W8TEE

On Sunday, September 13, 2020, 8:20:43 PM EDT, Phil N6WKZ <n6wkz@...> wrote:

I'm just finishing a QCX (pcb ver 4) and I found a missing installed
cap, C54. It's on the schematic, but I cannot find in the manual where
it tells you to install it.

Then, out of curiosity, I look at the latest manual and it says "C54 not
supplied".

Can anyone shed some light on "C54" ?

73 Phil N6WKZ

KN6HGG

"Note that C54 is an optional capacitor that *may* improve the Rx/Tx changeover “click”. It is not supplied, do not fit it initially. You may wish to experiment with it later. In subsequent sections this capacitor is shown shaded GREY; you have not installed it, but you are not going to install it."

Mike Besemer - WM4B

You beat me to it!

Mike

WM4B

C54 stands for "Car 54", as in "Car 54, where are you?". Then again...maybe not. (Most of you aren't old enough...)

Jack, W8TEE

On Sunday, September 13, 2020, 8:20:43 PM EDT, Phil N6WKZ <n6wkz@...> wrote:

I'm just finishing a QCX (pcb ver 4) and I found a missing installed

cap, C54. It's on the schematic, but I cannot find in the manual where

it tells you to install it.

Then, out of curiosity, I look at the latest manual and it says "C54 not

supplied".

Can anyone shed some light on "C54" ?

73 Phil N6WKZ

James Daldry W4JED

How many people would know what a "Khrushchev" or an "Idlewild" were (from the last line before the one you are quoting)?

Jim W4JED

On 9/13/20 8:23 PM, jjpurdum via groups.io wrote:
C54 stands for "Car 54", as in "Car 54, where are you?". Then again...maybe not. (Most of you aren't old enough...)

Jack, W8TEE

On Sunday, September 13, 2020, 8:20:43 PM EDT, Phil N6WKZ <n6wkz@...> wrote:

I'm just finishing a QCX (pcb ver 4) and I found a missing installed
cap, C54. It's on the schematic, but I cannot find in the manual where
it tells you to install it.

Then, out of curiosity, I look at the latest manual and it says "C54 not
supplied".

Can anyone shed some light on "C54" ?

73 Phil N6WKZ

Jim Painter

I still remember Khrushchev banging his shoe on the table at the UN. And did you know that Idlewild got it’s name from the golf course which used to be where the airport is now located?

Jim...kq3s