Topics

QCX+ Arrived

N3MNT

It arrived this morning.  Very impressive.
Thank You Hans

Hans Summers

Thanks Bob
73 Hans G0UPL

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 7:37 PM N3MNT <bob@...> wrote:
It arrived this morning.  Very impressive.
Thank You Hans

Larry Taylor

Is there a publish order of delivery or serial number assigned to me as before? I preordered but it was a few days into the process. And, did the serial numbers go back to 001 or start at 10,000?

N3MNT

Per Hans the serial numbers did not reinitialize to 1.  See the link below for more information.  There was an issue with the displays delivered which has effected some orders.  Per Hans the initial orders hipped were those that waived receipt of a display  then a few hundred that were complete by using displays from stock U3S kits.  More displays are on the way.

https://groups.io/g/QRPLabs/topic/qcx_arrived/74988394?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,40,74988394

Hans Summers

Hi Larry

As Robert said, serial numbers for QCX+ are carrying on up from where the QCX left off. I view QCX+ as an evolution not an entirely new product :-)

The issue with displays was my a supplier problem, but NO QCX+ orders were shipped out with the incorrect display. We stole displays from Ultimate3S kits to be able to ship out QCX+ kits. The proper LCD displays are only a couple of days away too, they are import customs here already.

Larry your serial number FYI is 10,286.

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 5:48 PM N3MNT <bob@...> wrote:
Per Hans the serial numbers did not reinitialize to 1.  See the link below for more information.  There was an issue with the displays delivered which has effected some orders.  Per Hans the initial orders hipped were those that waived receipt of a display  then a few hundred that were complete by using displays from stock U3S kits.  More displays are on the way.

https://groups.io/g/QRPLabs/topic/qcx_arrived/74988394?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,40,74988394

Larry Taylor

Thank you, Hans.  I didn’t how many displays you were able to pilfer from the U3S.  I was trying to determine if my kit was going to be part of that batch (which is perfectly fine with me) or if I was in the batch waiting for the arrival of the correct displays.

I hope the new tech is letting you sleep nights.
73,
Larry - W7LDT

Hans Summers

Hi Larry

It isn't going to make much difference whether your LCD is stolen from a U3S kit or in the new batch of LCDs when they get here, just because the new batch of replacement LCDs has been very quick and is nearly here anyway. The bigger limitation is how quickly the packages can be prepared and shipped out.

An additional complication was that the FedEx Express (TNT) agent was preparing the shipment paperwork (shipment collection booking etc) but that was not working well (they made mistakes, and it took an extra 1-2 days or sometimes more). Additionally that is not a mandatory service, and so now that task has been passed over to us, and of course it takes a while to get efficient at that. When the FedEx/TNT merger has been completed properly, I'm informed by our rep that there will be a more automated way to do this. On the plus side it does make the FedEx Express (TNT) shipments 1-2 days faster because it eliminates dependency on the agent.

Last night the new lab tech was pretty well behaved... he went off like an alarm clock at exactly 4 hour intervals, had his milk, and went back to sleep again without trouble. If he continues like that then I guess the situation could be survivable!

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 6:33 PM <W7ldt@...> wrote:
Thank you, Hans.  I didn’t how many displays you were able to pilfer from the U3S.  I was trying to determine if my kit was going to be part of that batch (which is perfectly fine with me) or if I was in the batch waiting for the arrival of the correct displays.

I hope the new tech is letting you sleep nights.
73,
Larry - W7LDT

Arv Evans

Some seem to assume that the display units from U3S kits are not the same as those
not yet received from the supplier.  This is not the case.  The displays are the same.

Arv
_._

On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 10:20 AM Hans Summers <hans.summers@...> wrote:
[...]

Yes, Arv is correct

We have used the same 16 x 2 blue backlight LCD module from the manufacturer "QY" since 2013. The same display is used in the Ultimate3, Ultimate3S, VFO, Clock, QCX and QCX+ kits. The ones on the way are also by QY. Everything shipped out is always 100% QY.

The incorrectly supplied modules have NOT been sent to ANYONE. They are all collected here in a box and when we have finished collecting them all we will send them back.

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com