From: QRPLabs@groups.io [mailto:QRPLabs@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave 'TXJ via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, May 31, 2020 3:39 AM
To: QRPLabs@groups.io
Subject: [QRPLabs] PTT Tracking

Hi Folks
Anyone else having issues with tracking their goodies coming from Hans at the moment? Using 17 Track I'm just getting a number not registered message, this is for two packages, one I received a week ago has full tracking right up to delivery.
73 Dave.

Tisha Hayes

For whatever reason international package shipping in to the United States has been hosed-up since the COVID thing started up in February.

I used to be able to track with some consistency out of asia and europe and guesstimate delivery dates +/- 3 days. Now it seems that things make it to US customs and they can sit for 1-2 weeks for no apparent reason, only to suddenly just "appear" at the destination post office. The US postal service is terrible for making deliveries (I think most of that is a local problem where I live) but shippers like DHL, FedEx, UPS are better.. as long as they do not "hand off to local carrier" (meaning the post office) where your package will fall in to a black-hole and be lost again.

I have had 3-4 packages arrive from Hans in the last month, they are arriving several weeks later than expected. That is not Hans' fault, it is whatever is going on with incoming parcel processing in to the US.
--
Tisha Hayes, AA4HA
Sr Engineer, 4RF Inc.

Dave 'TXJ

Hi Tisha,
I've had the same issue with customs here in the UK, these last 2 packages haven't made it that far yet. As of 0322 today (I'm a shift worker) one still is missing from tracking and the earlier one has now appeared as "added to mail bag".
73 Dave.

Hans Summers

Hi all

Post office airmail is slow these days, to many countries. This has nothing to do with PTT, which is operating normally and has been throughout this pandemic. It hasn't closed and the only difference are all the mandatory face masks and the fact everyone has to wait outside the post office, social distanced, and only one person allowed inside at a time. Of course we generally can't stand in the direct sun so normally wait under the shade of the shop entrances on the opposite side of the street.

You can generally track the package from my house to when it leaves Turkey via Istanbul 3 or sometimes 4 days later. It is all to do with how many cancelled flights it has to navigate to get to you, and most importantly how slowed down your import customs and your national post office services are, due to Covid19.

Different destinations are differently affected and I do get some reports of timely arrivals. It all depends on how things are in your country.

Again: I recommend the FedEx Express (TNT) option which only costs a few $ more and takes 3-4 business days, it appears to be operating reliably. I get an occasional notification email that a shipment is being delayed 24-48 hours but that's all.

Using this option, delivery at your end will be either via FedEx or TNT. Depending which is prevalent in your country. For example it will be by FedEx in US. FedEx and TNT are the same company but they haven't finished their merger yet. I haven't heard of any countries where packages are handed off to the local post office.

73 Hans G0UPL

On Tue, Jun 2, 2020, 05:27 Dave 'TXJ via groups.io <m5txj=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Tisha,
I've had the same issue with customs here in the UK, these last 2 packages haven't made it that far yet. As of 0322 today (I'm a shift worker) one still is missing from tracking and the earlier one has now appeared as "added to mail bag".
73 Dave.

Dave 'TXJ

Thanks Hans,
I'm not too bothered about the shipping time as I've plenty here to be getting on with, I was just querying if the tracking was working as 17 Track was just giving me a "web error" message at the time. It seems it is working now so all is well.
73 Dave.