Topics

Programming QCX+ Microcontroller

Mont Pierce KM6WT

If I need to program a new ATMEL328 controller for my QCX+,
do I just need the hex file? Or is there an eep file also required?

I see some eep files in the files section for other products,
but not for the QCX or QCX+.

If an eep file is required, can I create one myself by reading the eeprom from the programmed controller in the kit?

thanks,
km6wt

Shirley Dulcey KE1L

You would need the EEP file from Hans. He has been known to provide it to people who damaged their original processor, or who got one of the kits with an incorrectly programmed chip. It's not available on the QRP Labs site; you have to ask him for it.

On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 10:55 PM Mont Pierce KM6WT <de.km6wt@...> wrote:
If I need to program a new ATMEL328 controller for my QCX+,
do I just need the hex file? Or is there an eep file also required?

I see some eep files in the files section for other products,
but not for the QCX or QCX+.

If an eep file is required, can I create one myself by reading the eeprom from the programmed controller in the kit?

thanks,
km6wt

Mont Pierce KM6WT

That's a bit disappointing... wish I knew that when I ordered the rig.  I would have ordered a few spare programmed MCUs at the same time.

I just got my DDS SigGen together, and in short order blew the MCU from static discharge in the shack...
But, I have several blank MCUs for my Arduino, downloaded the hex file, programmed a new MCU and was back up and running in an hour.

I would order a few spare MCUs right now, but shipping costs make it impractical to place such a small order...

Nuts!!

km6wt