Topics

Polyphase network question

Chris Waldrup

Hi,

I just finished the receiver and polyphase boards.

Will it work to use the polyphase network with both the mono soundcard input  for which it's designed as well as stereo?
I have several old  laptops and some are mono and some stereo.

Chris
KD4PBJ

Alan G4ZFQ

Will it work to use the polyphase network with both the mono soundcard input  for which it's designed as well as stereo?
Chris,

The polyphase board processes the IQ signals and it's output is mono.

73 Alan G4ZFQ

Chris Waldrup

Thank you sir.
If this mono output is fed into a stereo input though, will it still work? In other words will it just pick the tip and sleeve for instance with nothing being fed to ring and work? Some of my computers are mono input and some stereo and I would like to be able to just use as is with whatever machine I'm using at the time.

Chrjs

Alan G4ZFQ

If this mono output is fed into a stereo input though, will it still work? In other words will it just pick the tip and sleeve for instance with nothing being fed to ring and work?
Chris,

Yes, like that on a mono input it will come out of both speakers, on a stereo input just the left one.

73 Alan G4ZFQ