Topics

New QCX user question

wfcaston@...

I am just getting started with my QCX which I bought already assembled.  I navigated through the menu, entered a message into memory 1, interval, number of repeats.

But there is an encoder section that I do not seem to get to.  How do I set the QCX to repeatedly call a CQ automatically out of memory 1?  The one page operation guide is not explicit.  I tried to do this for 15 minutes with no luck.

Thanks,
--
Anson
WV4C

Gregg Myers

Hello Anson,

I haven’t done this in a while, but did you scroll to the desired message using the encoder and then press the left select button? See the attached section in the manual. If you press the encoder (center button) it only sends once.

73,
Gregg W7grm

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 5:18 PM <wfcaston@...> wrote:
I am just getting started with my QCX which I bought already assembled.  I navigated through the menu, entered a message into memory 1, interval, number of repeats.

But there is an encoder section that I do not seem to get to.  How do I set the QCX to repeat a CQ?  The one page operation guide is not explicit.  I tried to do this for 15 minutes with no luck.

Thanks,
--
Anson
WV4C

N3MNT

Enter the message (CQ) you want to send into a memory position
Long press encoder.
Turn encoder to select memory location where your message is.
for repeated calls. push left button.
To stop and answer a call just send a dit.
Short press on encoder button after selecting message sends message once.

wfcaston@...

Many thanks to Greg, W7GRM, and to N3MNT.

Ok I have tried that in it worked.  I did not pick up on the fact that the center knob (encoder knob) has a push switch.

When I tried to send a CQ message the way you guys suggested above, that I recorded this morning, my message was replaced with a line of asterisks.  I am thinking something may be defective in my QCX.  It will not let me insert new characters; no way to get the asterisks to disappear.  Any way to clear the memory and start over?  Have you guys, or has anyone encountered symptoms such as this?
--
Anson
WV4C

wfcaston@...

I can get the asterisks to disappear by re-recording a message.  However, every time I try to send the newly recorded message, the asterisks reappear and the recorded message is erased.
--
Anson
WV4C