Topics

FS: SP12T ceramic rotary switches

Brad Thompson

if you're planning on building a Miracle Whippersnapper or other antenna (*), you'll
recall that the original design requires replacing a potentiometer's resistance element with a toroidal
inductor to make a variable inductance. If that's too much work, consider using a multitapped toroid
and a multicontact rotary switch, Electroswitch p/n D4C0112N. As shipped, it's a SPDT switch,
but you can configure multiple poles (from 2 to 12)  by bending tabs.

I'm offering NOS single-pole 1- to 12- position ceramic rotary switches. You can view a full description here:

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/electroswitch/D4C0112N/451-1087-ND/514141

They're kinda pricey from a distributor, but I'm offering these at $7.25 each plus postage ($4.30 for one switch,
add $2.00 for each additional switch).

Questions welcomed, PayPal honored.

Thanks, and 73--

Brad  AA1IP

(*))...Or other portable antenna or tuner requiring switching a whole
bunch of things.

Brian Mathews

On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 08:25 AM, Brad Thompson wrote:
AA1IP
Hi Brad, I would like to order 2 switches and I would like to contact you off-list.  Can you send me an email or post a way to contact you?

Thanks

Brian W6BRY

Brad Thompson

Brian Mathews wrote on 6/3/2020 11:17 AM:

On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 08:25 AM, Brad Thompson wrote:
AA1IP
Hi Brad, I would like to order 2 switches and I would like to contact you off-list.  Can you send me an email or post a way to contact you?

Thanks

Brian W6BRY
Hello, Brian--

Thank you for your inquiry, and I apologize for not immediately returning your call.

Unfortunately, the last two switches are tentatively spoken for pending
payment. I'll notify you if they become available.

I may be able to assist with your  other component needs, so please don't hesitate to reach me via this e-mail address:

brad.thompsonaa1ip@...

Thanks, and 73--

Brad  AA1IP

Steve in Okinawa

There are several other ceramic water switches sold on eBay, include actual Centralab NOS for reasonable money. But I've bought both large and small diameter cheapo ceramic rotary switches of Chinese or Russian makers  for high power RF use and found them to be excellent quality. JS6TMW