From: ARRL ID Section <arrl.idaho@...>
Date: Thu, Oct 8, 2020, 20:22
Subject: follow up: QRP Labs products and kit building discussion.
To: QRP Labs <hans.summers@...>

Below is the Video Link and related information for Wednesday, October 7 QRP Labs presentation

  Topic: QRP Labs products and kit building discussion.
  Speaker:  Hans Summers, G0UPL - QRP Labs - http://qrp-labs.com/
  Note: Hans provided this presentation from his home in Turkey

Viewing: https://vimeo.com/466201934
Download: https://vimeo.com/user107547861/download/466201934/0dcbecefb9
Documents Attached: Zoom CHAT and product brochure

Please feel free to share this and our other presentations with your friends, clubs and organizations
Send presentation comments and suggestions to ratpac.plan@...
Note: Comments and suggestions will be reviewed by our RATPAC planning committee.

Best of 73's --- Stay safe.

Dan Marler, K7REX
RATPAC - Radio Amateur Training Planning and Activities Committee
ratpac.plan@...

_._,_._,_

Michael Greene

Hans,
Just finished watching the video. Thanks for doing that, it was very interesting! I just built my very first kit, your QCX+ 40m, and I LOVE it!
Thanks so much for providing such an excellent product at a super affordable price and I had an amazing amount of fun building it (bet I have an even better time using it)!
Kudos and thanks!

Michael KN6IZE

Mike Easterbrook

Hi Hans
Excellent video.  I have been more or less following this procedure for the various builds I have done but will follow in detail in future.  Main exception is that I have been starting adjustments at L2 as I have found that with 20m versions this had greater effect than L1 and L3.  Am currently repurposing one of my spare 20 m boards for 30 m.  I haven't seen much correspondence regarding low power for this version but have found <1W output as built maxing at <2W with coil adjustment.  What I did notice eventually was an increase in output of about 15% with extended key down (maybe 5 - 6 sec) with C25/26 getting too hot to touch.  I am guessing that these (560 pF) caps were LPF "spares" from the original 20 m kits purchased in Jan 19.  Wondering if there have been any similar reports.  For my 20 m  board I replaced with Vishay 390 pF from Digikey and bulked up to minimum order with other bits.  This time I have no other needs from Digikey but have been unable to find any Vishay equivalents locally (RS or Farnell).  USD 30+ for 2x560 pF caps is a bit steep for a $50 rig.  Slight saving grace with previous Digikey purchase was the delivery door to door US - Malaysia in 4 days - this typically beats the local guys by several days - impressive!
Anyone have any better suggestions for this difficulty?
Thanks Mike 9M2LXM

On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 3:06 AM Hans Summers <hans.summers@...> wrote:

Here's the video of the talk and discussion, link is below.

I am also uploading it to the QRP Labs YouTube channel.

73 Hans G0UPL

Below is the Video Link and related information for Wednesday, October 7 QRP Labs presentation

  Topic: QRP Labs products and kit building discussion.
  Speaker:  Hans Summers, G0UPL - QRP Labs - http://qrp-labs.com/
  Note: Hans provided this presentation from his home in Turkey

Viewing: https://vimeo.com/466201934
Download: https://vimeo.com/user107547861/download/466201934/0dcbecefb9
Documents Attached: Zoom CHAT and product brochure

Please feel free to share this and our other presentations with your friends, clubs and organizations
Send presentation comments and suggestions to ratpac.plan@...
Note: Comments and suggestions will be reviewed by our RATPAC planning committee.

Best of 73's --- Stay safe.

Dan Marler, K7REX
RATPAC - Radio Amateur Training Planning and Activities Committee
ratpac.plan@...

Shane Justice

Mike,
Dumb question: did you reset the radio's band selection?

I read that could cause a lot of problems. I'm new to QRP-Labs kits-, and only read this the other day in the setup procedures, so forgive the observation. It could be an easy detail to overlook.

Best Regards,
Shane
KE7TR