Topics

Beta Readers, closed!

jjpurdum

All:

Is this a great group of people or what? Almost 100 individuals offered their time to help read my new intro C book. To everyone one, thank you!

There is no way that I can read and do justice to the comments from 100 readers, so I need to shut down the volunteer Beta readers appeal and consider it closed. I will likely thin the number to perhaps a dozen or so readers. I'll do this in the next two days.

Again, thank you for your support...it is sincerely appreciated.

73,
Jack, W8TEE

Wes AE6ZM

Jack, while I don't qualify as a Beta reader, I am waiting with bated breath for the book release! I have spent the past 5-6 years teaching myself to code, and have found that having numerous reference works has been the key to getting some stuff to work. Each author presents the same info in a different way, and eventually I get it!!
--
> I finally got it all together...now I can't remember where I put it<

VY 73,
Wes

AE6ZM

Sierra Vista, AZ

Bated breath? Get that worm out of your mouth, Wes!

Agree with you on multiple sources; true for radio, too :-)

Julian N4JO

On 6/22/2020 12:23 PM, Wes AE6ZM wrote:
Jack, while I don't qualify as a Beta reader, I am waiting with bated breath for the book release! I have spent the past 5-6 years teaching myself to code, and have found that having numerous reference works has been the key to getting some stuff to work. Each author presents the same info in a different way, and eventually I get it!!
--
> I finally got it all together...now I can't remember where I put it<

VY 73,
Wes

AE6ZM

Sierra Vista, AZ

Wes AE6ZM

Good one Julian! Kind of like "Baited breath". Just so I don't have "Bait breath"!

--
> I finally got it all together...now I can't remember where I put it<

VY 73,
Wes

AE6ZM

Sierra Vista, AZ

kevin asato

i used to think i was immune. i start to wonder after having to endure it for a couple of hours with a mask on! i have been making a practice to brush my teeth often.
73,
kevin
kc6pob

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 4:12 PM Wes AE6ZM <wesbflyer@...> wrote:
Good one Julian! Kind of like "Baited breath". Just so I don't have "Bait breath"!

--
> I finally got it all together...now I can't remember where I put it<

VY 73,
Wes

AE6ZM

Sierra Vista, AZ

Yes, exactly, Wes ;-)

I can't remember where I heard that one; I can't claim that it's mine.

The one I DO claim as mine is this one:

A: "The early bird gets the worm, you know."

B: "Indeed, but the SECOND MOUSE gets the CHEESE !" Hi HI !!

By the way, you probably know, but for those who don't: "bated" is a shortened form of the word "abated", from the verb "to abate" meaning "to reduce in amount, degree, intensity, etc.; lessen; diminish: ". So it means to hold or quieten one's breath, in anticipation.

Julian N4JO.

On 6/27/2020 6:12 PM, Wes AE6ZM wrote:
Good one Julian! Kind of like "Baited breath". Just so I don't have "Bait breath"!

--
> I finally got it all together...now I can't remember where I put it<

VY 73,
Wes

AE6ZM

Sierra Vista, AZ

Eeeek! Well, yes, you do that, Kevin ;-)

My problem is that when I wear mine (my family's masks were generously home-made by my neice's children) I have to slow down, otherwise I can't breathe enough, and I get faint. Of course, if my mind would get the memo my body keeps sending it telling me I'm in my 60's, it'd all be OK.

Julian N4JO.