Topics

Battery level indicator settings ??

Adrien F4IJA

Hello,
I've just finished my QCX+ and I am struggling with battery display indicator.
I use a lithium battery I can see on the QCX it is 11.98V (on 12.6V max).

So I've well jumpered the DVM and +12V in order to see that.

I've activated menu 7.2 to display the indicator.
I've set menu 7.3 to 12.6V for full battery.
And I've set menu 7.4 to 0.550 to have these levels :

full : 12.6
5 bars : 12.05
4 bars : 11.5
3 bars : 10.95
2 bars : 10.4
1 bar : 9.85
empty : 9.3

So, as my battery is 11.98 I should see 4 bars. But I see anytime that the battery is full.
The only way to see some changes is to set menu 7.3 to 14V for example, here I can see a difference but it's not true.

I also tried some different values in menu 7.4, for example 0.100 or 2.500 but I can't see changes.

Do you have any ideas or tips ?

Tnx a lot.

Ronald Taylor

Adrien, maybe you should check your solder connections in the area of R56 and R57. These resistors make up the voltage divider in order to provide the correct level into the microcontroller. Check for the correct resistor values in that area as well. R56 is 3K3 and R57 is 10K. Good luck.... Ron

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 3:44 PM Adrien F4IJA <adrien.grelet@...> wrote:
[...]

Hello Ronald,

Thank you for your answer. Anyway, as I've the well measured voltage in the menu 9 (alignement), I guess that the divider is OK. For me, the battery level displayed is taking this value to make the scale so I guess it's another thing which makes this behaviour.

Maybe my settings in menus 7 are not good, and that I've not understood the calculation step or something else ?

Ronald Taylor

Adrien, the alignment tones are measured at two other points (audio 1 and audio 2) and do not go through that divider.  73... Ron

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 00:44 Adrien F4IJA <adrien.grelet@...> wrote:
Hello Ronald,

Thank you for your answer. Anyway, as I've the well measured voltage in the menu 9 (alignement), I guess that the divider is OK. For me, the battery level displayed is taking this value to make the scale so I guess it's another thing which makes this behaviour.

Maybe my settings in menus 7 are not good, and that I've not understood the calculation step or something else ?

Adrien F4IJA

Ron, I'm not talking about the alignement tones, but the 9.1 menu which displays the voltage of the power supply, minus the diode D3 if installed (I didn't in my case).

It's using the DVM so I guess the battery level is in accordance with that value.

Ronald Taylor

Adrien, thanks for the clarification. The calculations are made in firmware. So, you might have to do a Factory Reset to solve it. Also, bear in mind, it takes sometimes several seconds from a voltage change until the display shows the change.... Ron