Topics

QRP Labs ultimateS3 #chat

Tristan Quiney <m0vxx@...>

Hi all , hands up I've made a fatal mistake with my s3 !

I had it running perfect last night on test . Today I've added the extra bs170s and added the cable for 12v . You've guessed it I've managed to stick 12v on the 5v input ! The jumper had been cut .

So now the display lights up and I have nothing else :( after my video of it working I'm kicking my self   I do have another on order bit would like to get this one back to life.

Any help would be brilliant Tristan m0vxx

Hans Summers

Hi Tristan

There's a FAQ about that... http://qrp-labs.com/faq.html#fry

73 Hans G0UPL

On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 8:05 PM, Tristan Quiney <m0vxx@...> wrote:
Hi all , hands up I've made a fatal mistake with my s3 !

I had it running perfect last night on test . Today I've added the extra bs170s and added the cable for 12v . You've guessed it I've managed to stick 12v on the 5v input ! The jumper had been cut .

So now the display lights up and I have nothing else :( after my video of it working I'm kicking my self   I do have another on order bit would like to get this one back to life.

Any help would be brilliant Tristan m0vxx

Tristan Quiney <m0vxx@...>

Thanks Hans

I did try and find that faq . I was so careful , I was distracted by my little one.

Keep your eyes open I'll order the it's later. I'm pretty sure the display is ok . It's probably , well hopefully just the processor .

That is again

Tristan

--
Sent from my Android device with Sync for iCloud Mail. Please excuse my brevity.