160m WSPR worked great for me on 1.09 firmware overnight

Hans Summers

Hi all

1.09 testing overnight, see attached. The 160m QCX-mini was built for our George Korper friend on here. It was used for development and testing of firmware 1.09. The antenna is my 40-20-15-10-6m OCFD and an LC-match designed and built by EX0AA during his visit to QRP Labs' Towers a couple of months ago. The inductor is wound on the empty solder bobbin shown. So.... 1.09 beta still looks good!

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

It's gotta be good: it looks like a rat's nest ;-)

I was testing a Mini running 1.08 (I'm about to try 1.09) last evening, and had cause to adjust WPM in menu 4. After saving configuration, I discovered that the save function doesn't save what is entered in menu 4. In fact that number doesn't do anything at all: the only thing that is saved is the number that is set up with a single left button push. If I change the WPM in menu 4, and save it, the displayed number returns to what is set up with the single button push.

I don't know when that was introduced, but it doesn't seem right to me...
--
Julian, N4JO.

George Korper

Hi All,
Thank you Hans !  I really do admire the way you persevere. I can't wait to receive it.
It's like getting a "Tall Ship". HMS INTREPID.
Best 73,
George

Hans Summers

Hi Julian

Are you saying it doesn't work as described in the manual?

The keyed speed menu item in menu 4 defines the initial keyer speed used at power-up only. Thereafter the keyer speed is only varied by the single left button press.

When you "save settings" certain aspects of the radio state such as the current VFO frequency and selection and current keyer speed are saved to the corresponding initial power-up menu items in the VFO and keyer menus.

If there is a difference between the description in the operating manual, and the behavior of the firmware, it is not known to me - please could you clarify the discrepancy and I will amend either the firmware or the manual accordingly.

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

From: mike/w1mt <w1mt.qrp@...>
Date: Mon, Feb 14, 2022, 9:30 PM
To: QRPLabs@groups.io
[...]

If you do decide to harvest those bytes, could you change how the vfo works at the same time? I've mentioned before but it really makes no sense to go from A -> B -> Split -> then back to A. better that it just goes A -> Split and back to A. Swap should be used as is to go from A to B and back. This is really my only nit with the current UI.

Whatever you decide, thanks for a great little ham radio eco-system!

mike/w1mt

On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 2:27 PM Hans Summers <hans.summers@...> wrote:

[...]

Oh dear, I didn't want to cause trouble :-(

Yeah, "Save State", that works; my troubled mind can handle that.

No, don't change a thing unless you need the space: it ain't broke, so you shouldn't feel the need to fix it!
--
Julian, N4JO.