Restarting build of my QCX

Mark, WD4ELG

I am finally committing to resumption of my kit-building; I have a QCX that is nearly complete except for T1, which I am ready to finish soldering to the board.

The problem is, I can’t remember which band I bought.  I don’t want to wreck the finals…how can I tell if I got this for 20 or 40 meters?

Mark Lunday, WD4ELG

Greensboro, NC  FM06be

wd4elg@...

http://wd4elg.blogspot.com

SKCC #16439  FISTS #17972  QRP ARCI #16497

If you've wound L1-L3, and L4 the number of windings will tell you:

L4, 20m: 10 turns
L4, 40m: 16 turns

L1, L3, 20m: 16 turns
L1, L3, 40m: 21 turns

L2, 20m: 17 turns
L2, 40m: 24 turns

Your choice for C25 - C28 will also tell you, but their values may be more difficult to read once installed; windings are easy to count.
--
Julian, N4JO.

Bruce KS4V

In your manual look the parts list. Check the capacitor section for the band specific caps and compare the ones in your kit with the list.  There was a small bag the band specific caps were packed in that had the band marked on it also.
Good luck
Bruce KS4V

I am finally committing to resumption of my kit-building; I have a QCX that is nearly complete except for T1, which I am ready to finish soldering to the board.

The problem is, I can’t remember which band I bought.  I don’t want to wreck the finals…how can I tell if I got this for 20 or 40 meters?

Mark Lunday, WD4ELG

Greensboro, NC  FM06be

wd4elg@...

http://wd4elg.blogspot.com

SKCC #16439  FISTS #17972  QRP ARCI #16497

Mike Easterbrook

Zrdzzzrz55zrdz5zz5rz s 4https://t.me/c/1443836819/24301

On Sun, 6 Feb 2022, 12:13 Bruce KS4V, <Ks4v@...> wrote:
In your manual look the parts list. Check the capacitor section for the band specific caps and compare the ones in your kit with the list.  There was a small bag the band specific caps were packed in that had the band marked on it also.
Good luck
Bruce KS4V

I am finally committing to resumption of my kit-building; I have a QCX that is nearly complete except for T1, which I am ready to finish soldering to the board.

The problem is, I can’t remember which band I bought.  I don’t want to wreck the finals…how can I tell if I got this for 20 or 40 meters?

Mark Lunday, WD4ELG

Greensboro, NC  FM06be

wd4elg@...

http://wd4elg.blogspot.com

SKCC #16439  FISTS #17972  QRP ARCI #16497

Mark, WD4ELG

Thanks Juan and Bruce.  40 meters it is!