U3S Tune #u3s #tune

bojan.naglic

Hi all,

I have upgraded the U3S FW to 3.12a. I miss the Tune command to use it for antenna tuning.
Is there a special setup for Tune to work. I read in the Manual that by pressing the Edit button when the U3S is on rest between tx frames I get the tune signal (on frequency of the next frame) out.
Please advise.

73,
Bojan S53DZ

KEN G4APB

Hi Bojan,
have you set a transmit delay time? This stops the ‘tune’ feature from working. Try setting the delay to 0.
73 Ken g4apb

Al Holt

On Sun, Oct 3, 2021 at 02:58 AM, KEN G4APB wrote:
Hi Bojan,
have you set a transmit delay time? This stops the ‘tune’ feature from working. Try setting the delay to 0.
73 Ken g4apb
I've just noticed this 'undocumented feature' on my U3S. Is this by design or a bug? PTT (transmit) delay is a feature I was planning on using with my U3S-10W Linear project and the fact that it kills Tune is unfortunate.

If it's a question of code space like that in the QCX maybe there's a couple of modes that can be retired to make space.

Here's hoping PTT delay and Tune can peacefully coexist. Thanks!

--Al
WD4AH

bojan.naglic

Hi Ken, Al,
that did resolve the thing. Tune is a very nice feature of U3S.

Thanks,
73 Bojan S53DZ