QCX challenge #qcx_challenge #qsoparty

Mark GØNMY

Well there was I calling CQ QCX on 20m QRP getting nowhere fast and not hearing others either.

Is the band that flat I thought, but no lower down the band lots of Russians etc.

So I thought oh nobody interested in QCX #QSOparty.

Out of interest I checked the website and low and behold its stated as the Last Monday of the month.

And yes youve guessed it for some reason Google calender just used the monthly repeat option.

So OK its on Monday the 30th of August and not today. Durrrrr.

What a plonker Rodney. ahwell atleast I got a memory programmed to call CQ CQ CQ QCX

in my 20m QCX.

It must be an age related issue.

72 Mark G0NMY

ON7DQ Luc

Haha

See you next monday then Mark ... if I can just remember to be there, hi.

Luc ON7DQ

ON7DQ Luc

Just a reminder:
the next QCX Challenge is next monday August 30th.

see https://www.qrp-labs.com/party.html

please join us on the Discord QRP sked page in the #qrp-operations channel
and enter your result on https://3830scores.com/

73 es GL,
Luc ON7DQ

Hans Summers

Many thanks Luc

I intend to join on 20m at 1300Z... and the other sessions too if possible.

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com

On Sat, Aug 28, 2021 at 6:34 PM ON7DQ Luc <on7dq@...> wrote:
Just a reminder:
the next QCX Challenge is next monday August 30th.

see https://www.qrp-labs.com/party.html

please join us on the Discord QRP sked page in the #qrp-operations channel
and enter your result on https://3830scores.com/

73 es GL,
Luc ON7DQ

Mike KK7ER

It is very quiet here on the West coast of the US.  Getting spotted in Alberta, Canada but not hearing any CW signals on 20m.

73, Mike KK7ER

cris blak

Hello All,

Just finished the 19-20UTC QCX party. CONDX were very good on 40m. Also I heard some qrp stations on 80m but no time to work theme.
End up with 7 QSOs only on 40m. The time was short but many active stations.
So I propose to extend the party to two hours (say from 19 to 21UTC), at least 19-20UTC session.

RIG: home made QCX Plus 40m with 5W output and QCX mini 80m 5W; ANT INVV80/40m with home made antenna adapter.

Thank to all of you who worked me (especially Luc ON7DQ for the last QSO).

72 de YO3FFF
Cristi

Peter GM0EUL

Not much happening at 1300, I managed two qsos on 20m towards the end of the session, one very marginal QRP/QRP with Andy F5TBL 229/229 but we managed the basic exchange.  I don't think he was running a QCX but he was qrp.  The other qso was with a 100w station (ts440). 1900 was better, plenty of activity on 40m and I worked three, including Zdenek OK2BQN with my QCX and one extra just after the session with my new mcHF (its a v0.4 so not new but I got it as an abandoned project and got it finished and working).  The mcHF is great and making it is a real learning experience but as a 100% cw op I have the say the QCX is a better cw radio.

73
Peter GM0EUL

Yannig - F4IUJ

Hello Peter,

I tried with no luck at 1900 I have a GM0E? on my notepad, that's probably you Peter. I could hear G4YTJ calling CQ QCX but never managed to get his attention! Nihil points for me, next month I should have a better antenna!

I am also tempted by the mcHF

73

Yannig, F4IUJ

John Pagett G4YTJ

Hi Yannig,

That’s a pity, it would have been nice to work you. I was getting plenty of spots on the RBN but mainly to Germany, Switzerland and Austria. Zdenek was really weak and I didn’t hear Luc at all. Also no inter G stations heard.

I had two QSOs, Martin DK3UW (QCX to QCX) and Dora HB9EPE, both in the 1900z session on 40m.

73
John
G4YTJ

ON7DQ Luc

My report, late as always , sorry!

1300Z
One QSO on 20m (OK2BQN), band was not in good shape.
Saw Hans spotted on 20m, but could not hear him.
Then on 40m, 3 more QSO's, one QCX (M3PMG).
I did start a QSO with G4OJF, but he got blown away by DL70GREIF who did not bother to ask QRL?, and probably also didn't hear us. Well, that's the fun of QRP I guess.

1900Z
6 QSO's on 40m, four QCX (OK2BQN, OK2BMA, DK3UW and YO3FFF), so a good catch and great fun.

All QSO's made with a new version of my "clothespeg paddle" , very simple to make, and it keys very well.
Read all about it here:
https://on7dq.blogspot.com/2021/08/the-clothespeg-paddle-v20.html

May I also remind all to read the rules again.
QCX to QCX, both QRP is 5 points
QCX to QCX, but not QRP (using an amplifier at one or both sides) is 3 points
QSO with a non-QCX station is 1 point.

I see in the scores at 1900Z, DG2FDD , 66 points with only 2 QSO's, of course that is not possible !
Your score must be the sum of  x * 1 + y * 3 + z * 5.
If you made an error , you can always correct it by re-submitting.

Next event is the QCX WARC Party on september 13th, and the next QCX Challenge is on september 27th.
MARK (pun intended) your calendars !

I will be in EA5 by the end of the month, so maybe I will finally be able to work some G stations on 20m !
And for those that chase SOTA, find me on the Sotawatch page or put my call in your HamAlert app.

73,
Luc ON7DQ

jjpurdum

Made two QSO's last night: AE4GX (579) and NN0D (559).  Both contacts were on 40M. Conditions were marginal with a lot of QRN (leftovers from Ida??). I only tried for about a half an hour as it was getting late and I'm old!

Hans: I like the micro switch key and used it last night. I enjoy these small events and like that the times are staggered so I can fit them into my schedule and local band conditions.

Jack, W8TEE

On Tuesday, August 31, 2021, 09:19:29 AM EDT, ON7DQ Luc <on7dq@...> wrote:

[...]

Martin DK3UW

Hi Christi,

I heard you on 40 m callling CQ but you had a stronger QCX replying and then I didn't find you again.
80 is interesting.  If you come to https://discord.com/channels/825115505563402261/832569698213953586 we could agree on a band change next time as I have my QCX working on 80 m as well.

73's
Martin

Yannig - F4IUJ

Hi John,

No worries, I think we were a bit too close as you faded out at some point. My antenna was less than optimal (a wire thrown out of the window onto a tree!) There was a Swiss operator on holiday in Brittany (where I live) who was deafening me at times while I was "hunting you", I didn't write down his callsign.

Next time I will have a better antenna (a dipole in the attic) so may be we will make contact!

73

Yannig, F4IUJ

On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 11:12 AM, John Pagett G4YTJ wrote:
Hi Yannig,

That’s a pity, it would have been nice to work you. I was getting plenty of spots on the RBN but mainly to Germany, Switzerland and Austria. Zdenek was really weak and I didn’t hear Luc at all. Also no inter G stations heard.

I had two QSOs, Martin DK3UW (QCX to QCX) and Dora HB9EPE, both in the 1900z session on 40m.

73
John
G4YTJ

Chris Wood

Only the 1300Z session for me - and only one contact on 20m.  SM5COP who was running 500w to a 4 ele yagi, so definitely not 2-way QRP.  Called LZ2PP but no reply and didn't try to work RG70KG with his machine-gun morse in and out of QSB.  No takers for my calling CQ just below 14.060 but at least RBN confirmed I was a fair signal into several countries.

Try again next time!

Chris  G4CWS

DG2FDD

Hi Luc, I noticed my error (66) immediately after submitting. Unfortunatly, the corrections on the site take some time - I resubmitted (6) just after the original fault.

Apologies, Jens DG2FDD

Zdenek OK2BQN

Hello Martin,
I also have a QCX + 5W at 80m. We can try next time.

Martin DK3UW

Hi Christi and Zdenek, that sounds like a QCX party on 80 m next time.

Next weekend is Field Day time in SSB I will participate with a friend. FT 817 80 m Long Wire and 12AVQ for the higher bands.
I am curious to see how QRP will work in SSB. Using DL0EU as callsingn.

ON7DQ Luc

Don't have a QCX on 80m (yet), but would be pleased to give you a 1-point QSO of course.
Post ur qrg on the sked page and I'll be there ...

Fieldday: I'll be operator at ON4OS/P for a few hours on Sunday.
73
Luc ON7DQ

Martin DK3UW

On Thu, Sep 2, 2021 at 12:36 AM, ON7DQ Luc wrote:
Fieldday: I'll be operator at ON4OS/P for a few hours on Sunday.
73
Luc ON7DQ
Luc,

QRP in SSB seems to be much harder. Tried the FT 817 and had much more difficulties to QSO than in CW.
Looks like it will be less fun.

Martin
DK3UW

ON7DQ Luc

With a good antenna it is very well possible.
I participate in the UBA Spring and Autumn contests each year, with QRP, both the CW and the SSB parts.
(but that's 10W in SSB with IC-7300, and antenna a 33m wire, in CW it's 5W of course).
Most times I make 80-90 QSO's in the 4 hours of the contest.
Not easy but it is fun.
73
Luc ON7DQ