BSS123 Where to buy?

Christopher Maness

I might need to replace Q5, and digikey seems to be out of them. I like to have cheap parts on hand if I think that it may be the issue when I go in for a repair.  It is easy just to pop the new part in while I have it open. Not a fan of diagnosing then having to wait for a part to come in.  Can you guys suggest a vendor, or if someone has a bunch and can just mail me one.  I would be happy to reimburse for the part and postage.

TNX es 73 de KQ6UP SK ..

Steve

Mouser has them.

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. Luke 2:14

On Thursday, June 24, 2021, 03:33:52 PM EDT, Christopher Maness <christopher.maness@...> wrote:

I might need to replace Q5, and digikey seems to be out of them. I like
to have cheap parts on hand if I think that it may be the issue when I
go in for a repair.  It is easy just to pop the new part in while I have
it open. Not a fan of diagnosing then having to wait for a part to come
in.  Can you guys suggest a vendor, or if someone has a bunch and can
just mail me one.  I would be happy to reimburse for the part and postage.

TNX es 73 de KQ6UP SK ..

Isn't that a BS170? If so you can order a pack of them at the QRP Labs shop

77 de Lou

On 24 Jun 2021, at 19:33, Christopher Maness <christopher.maness@gmail.com> wrote:

I might need to replace Q5, and digikey seems to be out of them. I like to have cheap parts on hand if I think that it may be the issue when I go in for a repair. It is easy just to pop the new part in while I have it open. Not a fan of diagnosing then having to wait for a part to come in. Can you guys suggest a vendor, or if someone has a bunch and can just mail me one. I would be happy to reimburse for the part and postage.

TNX es 73 de KQ6UP SK ..

<OpenPGP_0x55BE65AD1B41D696.asc>
--
Love 30m and CW?
http://www.30cw.net

Christopher Maness

No, that’s a final.  This is the T/R switch.  I can check though.

On Thu, Jun 24, 2021 at 11:24 PM VK5EEE <vk5eee@...> wrote:
Isn't that a BS170? If so you can order a pack of them at the QRP Labs shop

77 de Lou

> On 24 Jun 2021, at 19:33, Christopher Maness <christopher.maness@...> wrote:
>
> I might need to replace Q5, and digikey seems to be out of them. I like to have cheap parts on hand if I think that it may be the issue when I go in for a repair.  It is easy just to pop the new part in while I have it open. Not a fan of diagnosing then having to wait for a part to come in.  Can you guys suggest a vendor, or if someone has a bunch and can just mail me one.  I would be happy to reimburse for the part and postage.
>
> TNX es 73 de KQ6UP SK ..
>

> <OpenPGP_0x55BE65AD1B41D696.asc>

--
Love 30m and CW?
http://www.30cw.net

Will, KZ4EX

Have had good luck with Jameco

Tried Newark electronics once. I had a lot of trouble with them. I personally would not recommend them.

On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 12:38 PM Christopher Maness <christopher.maness@...> wrote:
No, that’s a final.  This is the T/R switch.  I can check though.

On Thu, Jun 24, 2021 at 11:24 PM VK5EEE <vk5eee@...> wrote:
Isn't that a BS170? If so you can order a pack of them at the QRP Labs shop

77 de Lou

> On 24 Jun 2021, at 19:33, Christopher Maness <christopher.maness@...> wrote:
>
> I might need to replace Q5, and digikey seems to be out of them. I like to have cheap parts on hand if I think that it may be the issue when I go in for a repair.  It is easy just to pop the new part in while I have it open. Not a fan of diagnosing then having to wait for a part to come in.  Can you guys suggest a vendor, or if someone has a bunch and can just mail me one.  I would be happy to reimburse for the part and postage.
>
> TNX es 73 de KQ6UP SK ..
>

> <OpenPGP_0x55BE65AD1B41D696.asc>

--
Love 30m and CW?
http://www.30cw.net

Richard - N1RBD

I ordered 5 when I needed to replace mine.  Let me see if I can scrounge the spares up.  If I can, I'll drop a couple in the mail to you.

Christopher Maness

That would be great!  TU Chris KQ6UP